birfield seal order..help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry guys, probably another repost but im in the middle of my birf repack and noticed when i did the seals on the DS i did Felt, rubber, metal....thats exactly what the FSM says to do...the birf video says to do felt metal rubber though....am i ok?

valkyrie610 said:
From outboard in: metal ring, rubber seal, felt, upper & lower retainers.

Look :eek: at the DVD again. Although the rubber seal is closest to the back of the knuckle when we first put the pieces onto the axle, we further detail installing the steel ring into the back of the knuckle FIRST (with the cut on the ring at 12 o'clock), then the rubber seal, then the felt, then finally the two retainers.

Last edited:
Jim, sorry about that.....luckily i got it all in right and am on to the PS. Thanks for the help though and i do keep coming back to the DVD as it helps just as much as the FSM.

Nevertheless, sorry, my mistake.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Jim, sorry about that.....luckily i got it all in right and am on to the PS. Thanks for the help though and i do keep coming back to the DVD as it helps just as much as the FSM. Nevertheless, sorry, my mistake.

Apologies not necessary....just glad you figured it out. :D

Jim, sorry bout all this. im a noob at birfs...one last question, i am closing in on the whole thing but i need to pull the axle out a little to get the snap ring on, can someone tell me what size bolt i can use, just need some hints on this and i should be home free.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Jim, sorry bout all this. im a noob at birfs...one last question, i am closing in on the whole thing but i need to pull the axle out a little to get the snap ring on, can someone tell me what size bolt i can use, just need some hints on this and i should be home free.

Rob the 12mm headed bolt on the driver's side of the engine behind the power steering pump that holds the grounding wire into the intake manifold. Any bolt on your truck with a 12mm head will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom