birf replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
when i did my cv on the weekend, basically i undid the spindle nuts wheel bearings freewheeling hub and snap rings etc, and the steering arm and the bottom king pin and lifted the whole knuckle, rotor and caliper off at once...

now every article i've read so far removes spindle and everything...

why is this? is what i did wrong?

Translate to English? What is your question?

taking it apart that way is easy, but re-installing it that way is not fun when you're alone. That sucka is heavy.

Either way can be done. The method that you did has been coined as the "Camo" method over on the "other" board.

what i was asking is, is it a bad thing to remove and install CV's by merely unbolting the wiper seals and the king pins from the knuckle and removing the whole knuckle at once.

Thats how I've always done it.
Only need to unbolt the steering arm, you can leave the bottom pivot in place.
FRom your first post, I'm a little confused - you only need to remove the fwhub faceplate and the outer circlip.
TIP - put the faceplate back on the fwhub, and put in 'lock' - makes reassembly easier as you can rotate the hub to get the cv outer spline to latch in.

andrewfarmer said:
Thats how I've always done it.
Only need to unbolt the steering arm, you can leave the bottom pivot in place.
FRom your first post, I'm a little confused - you only need to remove the fwhub faceplate and the outer circlip.
TIP - put the faceplate back on the fwhub, and put in 'lock' - makes reassembly easier as you can rotate the hub to get the cv outer spline to latch in.

thanks for that, i was told today that you only have to take off the steering arm (top one) and not the bottom one, DOH

and i know you don't have to pull the big nut on hte spindle now too, but it was getting dark, and i didn't know how to do it :D... now i do. tips to remember next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom