BIOR rear bumper with swing out and OME 865 rear springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a 2000 LX470, AHC was replaced almost immediately (Lexus estimated 3600 in parts to repair, luckily I had a $3000 repair credit). I had Slee remove my AHC and install the OME 1.5" medium lift kit. I have Dobinson IMS shocks on the rear and soon on the front. I also have BIOR sliders and a full set of BIOR skid plates. I don't have any drawers installed and typically there will be only myself and one of my sons on a hunting trip up some rough roads. So my question: Do you think my 865 springs will be too soft? I plan to leave them as is and try it out, but was wondering what the folks here thought

Thanks,

Chuck

OME 860s would be better than the 865s. The 863s may be too stiff.

I run the Slee rear and previously had the 865’s. Never drove it with the 865’s but after bumper install there was some rear squat. I’m running the medium Slinky Springs from endless horizon outfitters and they are phenomenal in my opinion. HOWEVER my kids (4) are getting bigger and I’m trying to source the heavnow. Rides beautifully without them in it and the 3rd installed plus winch recovery bag, air compressor and tools in back. Looks like zero rake but is actually .75”

I’ll be posting the slinky Springs once I source the heavies.

gl

863 may not be too stiff considering the constant weight with BIOR skids, and sliders are prob +300 lbs combined + whatever else gets packed in the truck- that's at the lower end of 863 capability but that saves some capacity to tow a trailer, or add some load to the truck. The 863 has another inch of free height, slightly thicker coil, and spring rate is 14% greater than 865.

Hi All,

what rear spring would i need for a Rear bumper NO swingouts - I have Ome 865s with coil spacer at the moment and it is soft. I have about ~100lbs of gear in the vehicle. I have Roof rack and front bumper and winch.

Current Suspension:
OME TBs, OME 865 Coils, Tough Dog adjustable rear shocks, front Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks

i was thinking these Rear Coil Springs (2" Lift) - Heavy Load (440-880LBS) Suited For Toyota 80/100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX450/LX470 - https://ironman4x4america.com/rear-coil-springs-2-lift-heavy-load-440-880lbs-suited-for-toyota-80-100-series-land-cruiser-lexus-lx450-lx470/

Hi All,

what rear spring would i need for a Rear bumper NO swingouts - I have Ome 865s with coil spacer at the moment and it is soft. I have about ~100lbs of gear in the vehicle. I have Roof rack and front bumper and winch.

Current Suspension:
OME TBs, OME 865 Coils, Tough Dog adjustable rear shocks, front Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks

i was thinking these Rear Coil Springs (2" Lift) - Heavy Load (440-880LBS) Suited For Toyota 80/100 Series Land Cruiser/Lexus LX450/LX470 - https://ironman4x4america.com/rear-coil-springs-2-lift-heavy-load-440-880lbs-suited-for-toyota-80-100-series-land-cruiser-lexus-lx450-lx470/
No swingouts + 100 lbs of gear? That's like a few fat people sitting in the vehicle. Shouldn't need anything to heavy duty, especially if you have removed third row seats.

Hi All,

Current Suspension:

Look at the Ironman TOY13B performance spring - 0-400lbs added weight- yields about 23” hub center to fender lip with rear seats removed and no carrier or swing outs. They will settle about 1/4” over time. With the FCP shocks it will keep the ride height (stroke) right in the sweet spot for the valving on those shocks. The stance will be pretty even.

If you want a little more height consider OME 2863- the spring rate is a little higher for added load capacity, but you’ll have a little more rake with these

The 025C you listed will be stiffer and the spring height on those is offset to right side a little too much - causing a slight lean requiring a spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom