Bio Diesel proccesor options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I'm building a one stage heated proccesor and I'm wondering what systems other people have chosen to build or arelooking at building. my proccesor should be able to put out a max of 45 litres of b-diesel a time. I will then wash it using the bubble wash method and store in ? containors ( havent decided yet). As the shelf life is @least 6 months over production won't bea problem. I will use WVO from a local source the lye & methonal from a chemical distributor. I'd liketo see other peoples methods and processes. If you want to know more about mine feel free to ask no trade secrets here.

my method is to buy it locally in whatever quantity i want(no delivery less than 400 gal), but i am wondering what your estimated price per gallan is?

Mazda Man said:
Hey my price per litre is about 45 cents thats about 12 cents a gallon

Not that big on the metric system, but isn't $0.45 per liter equal to about $1.98/gallon?

There are tons of designs on home made biodeisel processors. I would rather make my own and get as much of the items for free or cheap as possible.

I was going to make my own ethanol stil but I can buy 200proof fuel grade for 1.54 a gallon. I will be completely converting to diesel power anyway so it doesnt really matter..... I will be making my own biodiesel.

haha i was gonna call you a bad name mazda man.

although it would be cool to make bio, my local price is $2.45 gallon so its not too bad.

I use an appleseed stype processor out of a hot water heater. Works great. 55 gallon plastic drums upside down with tops (or really the bottom) cut out and using the bungs on the 55 gallon plastic drums because of their NPT threaded ports. Works very well and widely used in our Utah group... Methanol from a chemical supplier. if using genuine lye, red devil lye from Wal Mart actually works well. Red bottles of "HEET" from autostores for titration, this is 99.9% isopropyl alcohol (versus drug store 91% "rubbing alcohol"). Coincidentally blue HEET is pure methanol but not good for much except maybe test batches if you need a small quantity. We use KOH (potassium hydroxide) instead of lye because it dissolves easier and guarantees liquid byproduct always (which is good for processors with ports or if you let a batch sit a long time (you can occaionally have a solid glyercin layer with lye at room temp depending on quality of the oil) so KOH is what we prefer.. Anyway, hope it helps.. Andre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom