bilstein 1477, 78 shocks ok with ome 2.5 inch lift springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got ome 2.5 springs....will it be ok to put on bilstein shocks 1477/78 without any mods?

i know that the bilstein manual says only up to 2inch springs but i think others have done this without a problem? anyone done this without a problem? good smooth ride? thanks

I just put mine on. LOVE the ride. Yes, possibly about 1/4" less droop, but if I was worried about that I would be looking at more lift, longer lines, etc.

Enjoy.

nice smooth ride on highway or bumpy , stiff?

Hard to describe, but I'll try. When I ran OME shocks/springs on my Defender it shook my teeth out. Very harsh. I switched to the Bilsteins and they were firm, but not harsh. They feel softer during smooth highway driving, but you can feel the shock respond when you hit an abrupt bump. I could also feel the shock adapt to terrain changes a bit more smoothly when offroad. I'm using the D-90 as a comparator cause I haven't had anything but Bilsteins on the Crusier. I prefer them to the OME shocks. The OMEs ARE a fine shock, and give just a bit more travel. Just a bit to harsh for me and my moderate wheeling / family vacation type of driving.

Hope that helps.

I had the Bilsteins on my rig (previous owner). I just installed OME springs (850/863) yesterday. I wasn't sure how tight to torque the bottom shock bolts for the billies. Anyone know the torque numbers???

:)

Ive been looking at upgrading my springs/shocks so i called slee. that did not recommend using OME springs 2.5" with anything other than OME shocks. It will work but the springs and shocks are developed as a package by OME.

The rig had Bilsteins and some crap aftermarket (yellow) springs the PO installed. With the lifetime warranty on the Bilsteins, it didn't make sense to buy another set of shocks. With the OME springs installed the ride has definitely improved. The wife approves! :D

I wanted to run ome springs and bilstien shcoks to save a little cash but slee disapproved. DId you have any problems and how much do the billy's run?

I wanted to run ome springs and bilstien shcoks to save a little cash but slee disapproved. DId you have any problems and how much do the billy's run?

No problem so far. I don't expect to max. flex my truck out so much. So, I think they are fine. Here's a thread you can look at that says a little more about cost: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=135615
You can find Billies for sale on the internet all over the place.

got ome 2.5 springs....will it be ok to put on bilstein shocks 1477/78 without any mods?

i know that the bilstein manual says only up to 2inch springs but i think others have done this without a problem? anyone done this without a problem? good smooth ride? thanks

Use them since several years ago and I am very happy with the ride.

I know they are shorter than the OME shocks but matched well my 850/863 springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom