1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Joe Shaver

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Texican, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Texican

Texican s-Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4751907

http://www.billyjoeshaver.com/tourfc.html

He is going to be in Chatanooga Tn, Huntsville Al, Atlanta, Macon, Brunswick Ga, and Pensacola Fl this next week......

If you have never seen him, and are a fan of music, you ought to before he's done...........

If the world is God's television set, with which he entertains himself, Billy Joe Shaver is on Monday mornings at 3:00. Kris Kristofferson produced this album in order to get him a better time slot.

Billy Joe writes the kind of lines that make you think that you and he are the only ones who understand them. I was stupid enough to believe that for a while.

And then Kris, Willie, Waylon, and a bunch of other folks got onto Billy Joe. It was sort of like Columbus discovering a new land and finding that there were already people there. Not that anyone admitted they were people until Iral Hayes joined the Marines. (Strike that out.) (No, leave it in.) OK.

And then we were in Atlanta, drinking…something, damn, I forget. It must have been good. Someone said, "I can't stand Atlanta." And I said, "Atlanta is not to understand. Atlanta is to love or hate." Billy Joe Shaver is to love or hate. To not know the deep and dark secrets of his mind, and then hate him, would be wrong. So, you'll have to love him. And if you can't love him, put the damned album back in the rack and keep your (censored) money and PISS ON YOU!

notes by Tom T. Hall

2. jesterb

jesterb

I wish I could make one of the tour dates. He really is a great artist.