Bikini Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where one can buy a Bikini top. STC is gone and Bestop won't have any until after May31. I have a Kayline top but lost the mounting strip while moving. If I had a picture I could make one. I have this listed in parts wanted also. Thanks

yeah they do use different ones, i've had the bestop kind which are similiar to the SOR ones i believe and they use a two peice mounting rail, but it looks like the TPI bikini top used just a one peice unit..... (i'm talking about the mounting rail)

i actually had a bikini top but lost it moving around...

does anybody have the kind where it covers the back up on the roll cage.. those look sweeeettttt

Here's a link for a guy selling them on eBay. Free shipping.

I looked at the mounting strip at TPI and I am 90% sure it is the same as mine was. I ordered the strip only. It looks like my old Kayline which means STC. If I am lucky they will have some left over.
Thanks the help

yeah they do use different ones, i've had the bestop kind which are similiar to the SOR ones i believe and they use a two peice mounting rail, but it looks like the TPI bikini top used just a one peice unit..... (i'm talking about the mounting rail)

i actually had a bikini top but lost it moving around...

does anybody have the kind where it covers the back up on the roll cage.. those look sweeeettttt

I agree i want to run the same top. looks like it would be nice in the summer and also nice in the colder weather during the fall times. think im going to have to go get one soon

I paid about $90 including shipping for the basic black bikini top and two piece mounting rail from SOR. Came with footman loops screws for both the loops and the rail. That was last August or so.

I ordered th mounting strip from TPI and then called to verify that it was in stock. She said they had their own brand and they were in stock. The top was I believe $47.00 and the mounting plate was $28.00. I have bought a bunch of parts from them and have always been satisfied.

Anyone have any thoughts about the quality of fabric between the SOR bikini top and the standard "Hartz" fabric Bestop bikini? My full soft top is a Bestop "crush vinyl" type, and I kinda wish I'd gotten the thicker canvas-y denim stuff that the SOR tops appear to be. Has anyone had both?

I ordered th mounting strip from TPI and then called to verify that it was in stock. She said they had their own brand and they were in stock. The top was I believe $47.00 and the mounting plate was $28.00. I have bought a bunch of parts from them and have always been satisfied.

I have this top... Not too bad. Worth the little that it cost.

Good luck

Scott

I bought my bikini top fro SOR last year when they went on sale, finally got around to installing it a couple months ago.....they look really good. The "tuff duck" material they use it nice too, wouldn't mind having a soft-top made out of it. I think I had to buy the tiger channel too, so figure an extra 10-15 bucks for that as well.

I just bought and received by SOR Standard Summer Top. It is real nice. It cost $12 for them to package and ship, so with their current sale it was just under $70.

I looked at the mounting strip at TPI and I am 90% sure it is the same as mine was. I ordered the strip only. It looks like my old Kayline which means STC. If I am lucky they will have some left over.
Thanks the help

FWIW, I use the same mounting strip for my TPI bikini top and my Kayline top.

When I installed my Metaltech family cage my wife extended our Best Top Biniki. It's pretty straight forward, you rip out the seam between the flat part and the section with the curved cuts and insert a piece of material. (We got the material and the rolled edge trim from a Mill Ends place.) She did all the sewing with a regular sewing machine.

Now I need to talk her into making a trail cover. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom