Bikini top on factory bows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
I removed my OCD top and factory bows to mix things up. Good experience for my son who will be driving this (occasionally) soon.

I am thinking about leaving the front bow on and buying a bikini top. Can't find any images online. Anyone know if this setup works and looks good?

IMG_9280.JPG
IMG_9282.jpg

Unless the bikini top was specially made for use with factory-style bow sets, the sides will not thread into the channels across the top of the doors, so expect a gap. The b- pillar softop bow might be your only option, unless you install a roll bar (strongly recommended , especially for a young male driver). Due to the forces generated on the bikini top at highway speeds, I would use the bars that connect the b-pillar to the windshield frame to stiffen things up. It won't look as good as a bikini stretched over a roll bar, but it will provide shade, so it still serves its function quite well.

You might also consider the Trollhole bimini top, which covers the entire tub and is made for use with factory style soft top bows. They look great!

Unless the bikini top was specially made for use with factory-style bow sets, the sides will not thread into the channels across the top of the doors, so expect a gap. The b- pillar softop bow might be your only option, unless you install a roll bar (strongly recommended , especially for a young male driver). Due to the forces generated on the bikini top at highway speeds, I would use the bars that connect the b-pillar to the windshield frame to stiffen things up. It won't look as good as a bikini stretched over a roll bar, but it will provide shade, so it still serves its function quite well.

You might also consider the Trollhole bimini top, which covers the entire tub and is made for use with factory style soft top bows. They look great!
Good call. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom