Biggest Tire For Stock Wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone have the picture for the biggest tire size on the stock wheel for an 03 LX470.

I can only find 285/65/18 BFG ALL TERRAIN.

Please advise!
Thank you!

LEXCRUISER

I was about to create the same thread. I am going to be needing some new rubber on the '03 LC and I'd like to go as big as possible without a lift (and without rubbing).

I'd do a little searching. There's been quite a few threads on this topic.

LEXCRUISER said:
I can only find 285/65/18 BFG ALL TERRAIN.
That is the only AT tire that I've seen in a 33" on an 18" wheel. There is a 325/60-18 (33") Nitto Terragrappler but I think it is too wide for a stock wheel. For more of a selection, you'll have to go to 16's or 17's.

However, there are many tires in 35" diameter (18" wheel). For the LX owners, the lift is easy will only cost you $24 in fluid and an alignment job.

hoser said:
That is the only AT tire that I've seen in a 33" on an 18" wheel. There is a 325/60-18 (33") Nitto Terragrappler but I think it is too wide for a stock wheel. For more of a selection, you'll have to go to 16's or 17's.

However, there are many tires in 35" diameter (18" wheel). For the LX owners, the lift is easy will only cost you $24 in fluid and an alignment job.

:idea: That reminds me.. Toyota called reminding me that the AHC fluid is ready for pickup. Sorry for rambling... To stay on topic, I have 31575R16s BF Goodrich AT KOs on their way. They will be installed on my 04 LX470.

CTap, I thought 03+ only came in 17" and 18" (with the option). Did you buy the smaller rims? If so, what is the benefit?

Steph23 said:
CTap, I thought 03+ only came in 17" and 18" (with the option). Did you buy the smaller rims? If so, what is the benefit?

more tire selection as mentioned above, and also more rubber between the rims and the rocks...

Steph23 said:

Steph23, yes E9999 cover it as far as advantages. The 04 LX came with 18" as standard. I traded/sold my 18" for some 16".

Is there a downside to the 16"? Is the ride-comfort difference between the two?

hoser said:

Does it mean the AHC will adjust automatically when I put 35" diameter tire on 18" wheel?

I am sorry that I am not a pro on the LX, because I am new to LX.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback and response!

Lexcruiser, see this thread on how to adjust your AHC sensors for lift.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=691708#post691708

If you don't want to mess with the system but still want lift, you can try and locate a BBlanks black box from Japan for probably $400+. Do a search for BBlanks. There are others as well.

no it will not, the AHC has nothing to do with tire/wheel size, it won't know you added bigger tires/wheels

LEXCRUISER said:
Does it mean the AHC will adjust automatically when I put 35" diameter tire on 18" wheel?

I am sorry that I am not a pro on the LX, because I am new to LX.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback and response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom