Bigger "stock" wheels for a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
I would like to run metric sized tires in load range D or E on my 60, and am thinking that a set of stock or stock looking chromed 16X7 wheels would be perfect.

I called Stockton Wheel, and they can use the stock centers and weld into the HD 16X7 rims, and deliver in chrome for $180 each for 8 wheels - five for the truck, and three for the trailer.

Anyone have another way to get there without spending $1500??? I am also going to be using my truck / trailer as a 'show' vehicle for showing tents at events coming up next year, so I would like it to look as stock and possible.

Any help appraciated.

Thanks.

Mike S

Mike S, Jeff Bryant in NorCA did this on his HDJ60. Very spendy, but it looks stock. He had his powdercoated black. I seem to remember him having an issue with one of them, but that might be a stretch, it's been a LONG time since we spoke. Mudrak might be able to get you his current contact info.

Buy the Toyota 16x6 wheels for about $100 each. (Part Number 42601-60262-03) Just have them Chromed... they look like factory 60 series wheels...

80 series wheels work too. The non-USA steelies are 16x8 which works with a good range of tire sizes. Might need a 1/8" spacer on the front to clear the rod ends though (needed that on my 40, haven't tried to fit them to my 60 yet).

Nick

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Mike

Stock Toyota, or stock Cruiser wheels? I've got stock toyota taco wheels in 16x7 on my cruiser. They look factory if you don't know any better.

Stockton wheels has fallen from their good graces. You might want to look around for other options..

Mace said:
Stockton wheels has fallen from their good graces. You might want to look around for other options..

Mace - please explain above comment - here or in a PM?

Thanks,

M

Check out Unique

I know it's tough to see, but I have the Unique chrome rims that look almost stock. (uh, can't post pics right now, sorry)

I can check receipts, as I just got one replacement wheel for a spare. PM me and I can send you a pic (too big to post right now...that work thing keeps getting in my way)

HTH

I bought a set of Unique chrome wheels a couple months ago. I've been slightly dissatified. Had to send one wheel back at my expense because it was out of round. They would only pay shipping one way. Already see rust on them. I can see it now they will always need polishing or they will rust. I guess I can't have too high of expectations because they were cheap.

I'd have to agree...on both fronts...

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I take good care of them, and the still look nice. But you're right, if you don't, the rust will be popping through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom