Bigger is Better ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:eek: Bet you it has not passed an OOP and isn't registered yet. I can imagine the poor bugger from out of province that buys it and then tries to get it passed their OOP.

Remember that dealer from up Island who tried to sell that big lifted truck? Steve now has it as a parts rig. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hi guys I know that dealer and it is inspected and he drives it as his daily driver! it rides very nice lots of power. I'm buying a cruiser from him, i actually went to high school with him. he is a pretty honest guy and all the rigs i've seen him bring in are all very nice and very clean. he has gone back to japan a couple of times to check up and keep everyone happy and his vehicles show it. i'll post all my picks and info as soon as i have my truck. i hope this doesn't sound like a plug, too much:whoops:

hi guys I know that dealer and it is inspected and he drives it as his daily driver! it rides very nice lots of power. I'm buying a cruiser from him, i actually went to high school with him. he is a pretty honest guy and all the rigs i've seen him bring in are all very nice and very clean. he has gone back to japan a couple of times to check up and keep everyone happy and his vehicles show it. i'll post all my picks and info as soon as i have my truck. i hope this doesn't sound like a plug, too much:whoops:

No disresepect meant, but even if it is inspected, I would be very cautious on buying a JDM rig lifted that high. First off, it is a magnet for CVSE and police who don't like RHD or 4x4 trucks. There has also been word out that there are still inspector(s) on the Island which will get almost any vehicle through. I don't have a way to accurately measure it but I am guessing that this truck does not meet the height requirements laid out in section 205 of MVA - especially bumper height. ;)

Lamp Height

Lamp Minimum Height Maximum Height
Headlights 56 cm 1.37 m
Stop, Tail and Reflector 38 cm 1.83 m
Driving Lights 40 cm 1.06 m
Fog Lights 30 cm below headlamps Level with headlamps
Daytime Running Lights 30 cm 2.11 m

Bumpers

The centerline of the bumper must fall within 380 to 560 mm above ground for cars and the lowest part must be 750 mm high or less for trucks weighing 4500 kg or less. The width of the bumper must be at least equal to the track width of the vehicle, and the horizontal surface must be at least 100 mm in width.

hey no problems canucksafari, you guys are the "IT" place for jdm lc's so any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated and i agree, that cruiser is a little big and the island does have more "lax" inspection facility's but he is a good guy and i know he will not deal with anything that is shifty. i think he should keep it as a company truck it sure draws a crowd!

Nice truck, did anyone notice the steering set up on it :hmm: or the fact that there is a little camera on the front under the bumper? :idea: is that for the short people who drive it so they can just look at a monitor as opposed to out the windshield?
139-19.jpg

I noticed the steering. Thought it looked different but I really don't know enough about steering on big lifts to comment. Missed the camera. It probably there to make sure they don't accidently run over Skylines.

Edit: Went back to the site and just noticed those are 39" tires. No way did that go by Victoria like that and pass. Besides not being legal there is no mention of upgraded birfs. You guys know better but something tells me the stock birfs (and maybe the axle) won't hold up to well with tires that size if it is ever seriosly wheeled.

Last edited:
Not sure about 80 series, but I've wheeled with guys running 44's and to do serious damage to the birf's they pound on them hard... like lot's of air time. I've seen birf's explode, steering knuckles sheer, pinions snap and driveshafts pretzel. Again, this is with 44's and high horse small blocks. I have also know a lot of mini truck guys that run small block's and big tires, again without much problem. Just don't want to be in a fully locked turn then hammer on the skinny pedal. This also holds true for good 'ol low hp/hi torque diesel trucks as well. Whenever I've had a birf go, it's usually not in a mud bog, but when casually climbing an obstacle. I'm sure they fatigue over time, get hairline cracks, then fail.
GG

Nice truck, did anyone notice the steering set up on it :hmm: or the fact that there is a little camera on the front under the bumper? :idea: is that for the short people who drive it so they can just look at a monitor as opposed to out the windshield?

See post #3...but no, I did not notice the camera. It does mention something about cameras in the add tho.