Big trip approaching any suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, so thursday morning -maybe Friday, I'm not sure yet- I am leaving to drive the 1,300 mile trip to our ranch in Montana. Once there i will be doing some light wheeling, and taking a trip up to canada. This weekend I repacked the bearings, replaced the inner axle oil seal, and changed my diff and transfer case fluids. (The transmission fluid was changed about 8 months and 15,00 miles ago) Oil was also changed 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow I will adjust the valves once everything is back together. Does anyone have any other suggestions of things I may want to check before I go? I read that it is going to be in the high 90's low 100's throughout Nevada and southern Utah. So the LC will be working hard. Also when I was putting my hubs back in, I think I put something back together wrong in the locking mechanism, because my hubs arent fully unlocking now, even though the dial is pointing to "free" when I turn the wheel the driveshaft still spins. So yeah...any suggestions??

:cheers:

supposed to be 80 for the rest of the week here. big change from the last couple of weeks.

don't forget to check the air in the spare tire.

the spring inside the hub is probably not connected to the clutch so when you release it it does not back it off and it remains engaged...

grease it up!!!!

d-shafts and tre's
pack some coolant and spare drive belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom