Big time nervous newbie. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some FSM's are available here at no cost in pdf form. Click on the "Resources" button at the top of the page, find "catagories" column to the left, click on "toyota" and continue to drill down, ie Land Cruiser, then 60 series, then find the FSM in the center column and click on the one you want then the orange "download" button on the upper right side.
Ooohhhh! Thx fir that.

Some people also have links to FSM’s in their signatures

Ooohhhh! Thx fir that.

congrats on your first FJ62 land Cruiser , only PHUN Times ahead
:D

i am a bit old fashion .I was brought up in the 1990's on paper Print Media , and fell asleep each night as a teenager with his

first land cruiser dreaming all night about the SOR cataloger paper print media catalogue too ......... 😴

now as i embark on a new chapter in my land cruiser life , the service of other Land Cruiser Owners in a few different formats

i relish being able to Saddle a Huge PHONE Book side whopper like this and Saddle it over the Front Fender as i passionately

saddle up my Unicorn .........

a tablet can slide off fender and break

lap top ....naaaa to big

cell phone .........too small

PDF's in my experience are bad copies missing pages

I Print Media investment like this will become your BIBLE and your best friend

fits in your camping pack , or on a air plane under seat , and best of all all pages easy to read ,

lastly NO Batteries to ever need charge or go dead at a critical moment , i for one don't want Fossilized Land Cruiser Grease on anything mobile i have NO WAY !

others may differ , but keep it simple

here is a LINK i HIGHLY encourage you to explore , Bite the bullet make the investment , and i dare you in 2, 3 ore 6 months

to tell me i was wrong with this format and approach

this is Called MUD-SHIP , we all help each other in any way we can , when ever we can , and this is my way of giving you a SOLID first step of encouragement with a SOLID 472 Pages

WELCOME TO MUD ........

221-601989 REPAIR MANUAL -
1989 engine and chassis - USA - Reprint 847 pages
On Sale - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part.

WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
yes.png

this will be the wisest investment you will ever make ............

kindly matt

forkliftlogo.jpg

Last edited:
472 pages............

holy cow !

847 !

so thats only $6.77 cents per page

FAR OUT .........🤣

yes, but this one...https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/40-50-60-and-80-series-fsm-for-a-hell-of-a-price.610994/#post-7851101 is no longer active

this one still good TOYOTA FSM

Seth Seth Seth ....

as I did a pre-holiday skunk works office quickieklean

I started to address my life time of owm print Media

I remembered a year ago I scored CB owners Manaul

with a virgin Easter egg inside , the technician. Install

sheets

and my mini fj60 paper Parts cataloger ...

none of this is any whre on pdf....

maybe it should be now that i recall having it

Hell the 3F fork lift had a 2F valve cover decal

that’s a first ?

AD499C43-F288-4F0A-B11E-0B5303BCEA2C.jpeg
6D89096C-0D67-466C-BE8B-DE200315AF02.jpeg
28DB1237-D9B6-49C3-A624-DEF971D18618.jpeg

So I don’t want my first real interaction with a “supporting vendor” to be a boneheaded mistake! Can y’all let me know if $125 for the factory repair manual offered above by Toyota Matt is a fair price? Seems pretty steep. I had ordered one thru helminc but they refunded the money and said it was “not available.” Sorry to question you ToyotaMatt as you certainly seem to be a man of passion for Toyota!

So I don’t want my first real interaction with a “supporting vendor” to be a boneheaded mistake! Can y’all let me know if $125 for the factory repair manual offered above by Toyota Matt is a fair price? Seems pretty steep. I had ordered one thru helminc but they refunded the money and said it was “not available.” Sorry to question you ToyotaMatt as you certainly seem to be a man of passion for Toyota!

At the end of the day it’s your call. I’m sure it’s a great product but many of us have done just fine with PDFs or SOR reprints.

While I really like to have a real book in my hands, I often use a mix of PDFs and paper for working on the cruisers. PDFs are even better if you have a junky older ipad that you dont care about getting dirty. The manual linked from SOR isnt the best price, you can find cheaper used versions if you look around. SOR is generally never the best deal in town... but sometimes on some parts the only deal in town. Give the PDFs a try and go from there. Never hurts to try the free version first. :)

Can’t find a fj62 manual under resources search here. I’m not sure how to access “sor”. Sorry that I have no idea what that is...

Can’t find a fj62 manual under resources search here. I’m not sure how to access “sor”. Sorry that I have no idea what that is...
SOR is Specter Off Road Page 221 Land Cruiser Toyota OEM Engine, Chassis & Body Manuals
A vendor for cruiser parts :)

Additionally, sometimes paper manuals can come up for sale in the classifieds (listed on the top bar), or on ebay, craigslist, even used book sites. But again, not a critical item as the PDFs will do the job just fine.

Thx. I just bought the frm and tranny manuals on eBay. Hopefully they will come. D

So, these 'supporting vendors' put alot of effort into keeping these old trucks running, often times will talk on the phone with you, have worked on these trucks for 30+ years, and offer a level of individual service that is almost non existent in the old car world. With that, often comes a bit higher dollar price, but the knowledge, parts, guidance, and motivation is priceless.
We do our best work with these valued vendors when we can.
Also, for the most part, when there is an issue with a supporting vendor, they are usually called out quickly....so just do a bit or research.

that seems about right. I recall paying a hundred something on eBay for one a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom