BIG & TALL People.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am 6'3"..235 lbs.
Being tall..sometimes my knees hit the dash when driving.
Has anyone attempted to rebolt the seat back a few more inches to get extra legroom?? is it tough? what is involved?

later..
-joe m-

Yes I have. I'm 6'6" tal and now have a full 2" of space between my knees and the dash. I designed and built a shim of sorts to shift the seat on the rails backwards 2". The final result was a steel block but I do have two beta units out of Aluminum that I had installed for a period of time.

I would suspect 2 hours and beer to get them in :D :D :D.

It's been done by at least one of our group. I don't remember who (maybe Keep or Landtank), I'm 5' 9" so I didn't retain that one very well ::) . He made some rail extensions, IIRC, out of some metal stock.

Hey Rick, Look at our post times :D How'd we manage that? ::)

I'm 6'2'' and 150 lbs, I know pretty light weight and all but my problem was the steering column shroud. The little plastic thing hit my knees and it finally rattled lose. I don't have much of a problem but every time someone get in my 80 they always ask me "Whats up with you steering wheel? Are those pieces just falling out or what?!" I've got to admit it's quite ghetto but eh, who cares, it works.

Listen you runts, :p I’m 6’-7” – 205# and I don’t really have much of a problem with the knees. Maybe it’s that I’ve suffered the spread eagle driving position all my life and I don’t know what life is like driving with my legs straight! Either way, we often have passengers and they would suffer if the seat went back any further!

Echo-29,
That's nice! As far as the passengers go I can still move forward. If you were to ride in my altered truck you would want it, believe me.

Oh Ya, RUNTS! 6'6" tall and 264 lbs. there stick man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom