Big leak from this piece, what is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was just walking out the door to start a 5 hour drive and heard ticking in the engine bay (I believe unrelated) but then saw this piece leaking like mad.

Sorry for the unclear photo, I took a video from further out but only this image. For reference this is exactly center of the engine bay all the way towards the back and high up. Essentially center and attached to firewall. Touching this blade looking piece with even light pressure would make liquid just pour out of there.

22C37163-7D95-4FE5-8DBF-5BE45A01BC48.jpeg

That's your heater control valve. Replace now.
Yep just found it finally, couldn’t figure out how to properly search for it without already knowing its name lol

I see witts end has it but others have used autozone? Will try to see if I can get it done today

Yep just found it finally, couldn’t figure out how to properly search for it without already knowing its name lol

I see witts end has it but others have used autozone? Will try to see if I can get it done today
Recommend not driving it if you can avoid it. If coolant is getting out, air is getting in. Pressure loss and air in your cooling system is bad news. You might not be able to trust your temperature gauge. Drive with caution.

Recommend not driving it if you can avoid it. If coolant is getting out, air is getting in. Pressure loss and air in your cooling system is bad news. You might not be able to trust your temperature gauge. Drive with caution.
Yep will avoid driving altogether, picking up my other car from the ship today anyways will sit on the 80 until everything is sorted. Thank you

Every time I've ordered one of these the regional toyota warehouse has these and my local toyota will get them next day.

Or plug both ends...this isn't the time of year you want your heater core working 100%

Depending on how that leaks down, it could be more than a little problematic. The two transmission connectors are immediately above the starter on the frame rail and below the heater circuit on the left hand side of the bay. You DO NOT want those to get soaked with coolant. Although the lower hose (immediately above them) is usually the culprit, any coolant on these will get into them and once that happens you will loose the Christmas tree and/or reverse lights. I'm still trying to understand how the coolant gets into a sealed connector, and why the coolant is a problem, but road water isn't (I know coolant has a different chemical makeup, but still, water is water).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom