Big Gay 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just about finished just need to install the inner panel. other side is close as well
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2592.JPG

Dude .. you are my hero, I have no heart to do that in my 80 series .. ( at least I don't think in my Tencha but who knows with she :D )

got the weldign done and painted. Need to build the inside panels
IMG_2594.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG

more
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG

couple more
IMG_2601.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG

David the best part of all :cool: Is the camp chair is still loaded:cheers: Hope to see you in Arkansas :beer::beer::beer: FRO

Hey, I got to see the big gay 80 build in the flesh today! Looking good David! I wondered what the plan was for that thing, but just didn't get around to asking.

See you Saturday for more fun with the piggy and the saw.

any big gay progress since the last big gay update, david?

so we (mike) removed the fenders and got to cutting. The inside was cut into strips then a 1/4" rod was welded over it to give it some strenght. We then used aluminum tape to fill the "pie" slices. This will get herculined and sealed later

David,

Looking good man. I recognize the front fender mods!
1001162hp7.jpg

1001169to2.jpg

1001172xf2.jpg

I dig the rear clearanceing, cut sheet metal! Shock hoops are on the way. Look forward to what she looks like in the end!

Mark

We decided not to do it that nice. Not much work done of late. Mike is missing a finger from GSMTR so we are a bit backed up. Got the 5" comp coils in. Fronts are 4" over Js so 7"s or so over stock. Rears are a full 7"s over stock. Really big and really gay and really ugly.

Did Mike really loose a finger at GSMTR? Didn't see him all week.

Later,

Did Mike really loose a finger at GSMTR?

Yep. :crybaby: It happened on Slickrock early in the week. I saw Bailey up on the trails and he told me what happened. Mike was near the top of slickrock and had his hand on the A/B bar on the roll caged when the rig flopped over driver and severed the tip (maybe more) of one of his fingers. They iced the finger and Mike went to the hospital and eventually got sent to ATL (Grady?) and they were going to reattch it. Never heard if it was successful. David?

Todd

They did get it back on and reattatched. He did not have insurance so they sewed it abck on right in the middle of his forehead. Promised to move it once he paid up.

Almost like to Tit that I had put in the middle of my wifes back. Couldn't afford 2 so I thought it would be good on her back. Looks great!

Later,

Hijack on....

Did Mike really loose a finger at GSMTR? Didn't see him all week.

Later,

Yes I did. It was on slickrock Wednesday noonish. I floped on the easy section before the last ledge and decided to grab the handle on the cage. It all happened so fast it was done before I knew what happened.

It only got the tip of my middle finger on my left hand past the last knuckle and no bone was damaged. No major un repariable damage was done but it did hurt like hell. They had to graft some skin onto the tip from the heal of my hand but it is looking like a finger again.

The moral of the story.... KEEP HANDS AND FEET INSIDE THE VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES.

Hijack off....

And yes Dave's 80 will be the Bigest Gayest 80 ever concieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom