big fish catch - brain damage??

Wouldn't this fish be brain-damaged from being out of the water, in a fawking True Value parking lot, with this guy??

e

---------------------------------

In a photo from Tim Pruitt and provided by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Tim Pruitt, of Alton, Ill., holds a 124-pound blue catfish early Sunday morning, May 22, 2005, that he hooked late Saturday on the Mississippi River near Alton. The fish is 58 inches long and 44 inches around. It took Pruitt more than a half-hour to drag the fish into his boat. It is the largest of its kind in state history, and is expected to be certified a world record by the International Game Fish Association. The fish has been kept alive and will be on display in a tank at the Cabela's Outfitter store in Kansas City, Kan., according to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. (AP Photo/Handout photo provided by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources)

No. Catfish really don't have brains. They have ganglia spread throughout their bodies. If you cut the head off, both the head and body will go on functioning for some time.

Now, the guy with his head near that guy's crotch, maybe he's brain dead.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor

Me likes catfish

47lb cat I caught on Lake Hartwell, SC on a zebco 202 with original line. Just cause I could.

Those bottom feeders are pretty tough. They can live for hours out of water. Tough as nails dem is. :D Ugly as heck too.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries! By the way, we already have one. Eet-sa quite nice. Now go away!

I have never been able to get a cat to bite a fly.

I wonder how much that dude got paid by Cabelas. I would imagine he has a new cat fishing rig in the driveway.

Fly Rod

Trollhole,

Whats with the light? Are you an amature proctologist? :grinpimp:

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

swank60 said:
Interesting side note: I was reading in National Geographic tonight that 40% of the catfish in one area of the Chesapeak Bay have liver cancer. Odd.
you would too if you spent your life sucking scum off the bottom of the Chesapeak :eek:

Ages ago, when I was a little kid, I recall that we caught a catfish on a fishing trip, threw it in the cooler loaded full of ice and it was still alive the next night when we got home...them critters are tough.

Spook50

I just got an idea....

Doc said:
He probably though he was reeling in his wife....
I don't care who you are that's funny right there. Lord I apologize for that there, and be with the starving pygmies in New Guinea...

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor

Fly Rod said:
Trollhole,

Whats with the light? Are you an amature proctologist? :grinpimp:
Hey when your fishing for those suckers at night you need to have two hands on the rod. And the other guy with the net. So there isn't anymore hands for the light. And I'm not about to scoop anything up without a light. Never know what you'll catch.

Ahhhh, the memories this thread brings back. We used to go 'noodling' for catfish when I was a kid. Noodling's fishing with your hands for those of you not familiar with the term. My best was when I grabbed a 38 pounder in Ks. There's all kinds of hazards with noodling, though........snapping turtles, beavers, snakes, etc..........but it's fun nonetheless. I caught a noodling show on ESPN2 a while back where these guys were catching 80+ pounders out of the Missouri (I think). It was cool.......they built and sank their own boxes and then found them with their feet. The water was about 4-6 feet deep and one guy would stand in the opening to block the catfish in, then the other guy would swim down and shove one hand into the cat's mouth and the other behind the gill plate. Then the fight was awn!!! GIDDYUP!

"Hey when your fishing for those suckers at night you need to have two hands on the rod. And the other guy with the net. "

Thank god you punctuated that! I almost missed the period!

Nice catch by hte way.

Fly Rod

Top Bottom