Big Fat Tires - 305/65/18s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actual sizing does vary from manufacture to manufacture. As they sometimes base various sizes on a single carcass. So one can't always refer to metric sizing, across tire brands/types. I didnt' look at the K02's. For my LX, looking at Falken AT3Ws, comparing a 285/55/20 to my 305/55/20, there's a significant difference:

size, diameter, section width, tread width
285/65/18, 32.6", 11.3", 9.4"
285/55/20, 32.4", 11.2", 9.7"
305/55/20, 33.2", 12.3", 10.4

My personal likes for the beef is added cornering and braking traction. Along with it protecting the rim with a beefier sidewall, and potentially keeps rocks farther away from the body with the added spacers and sidewall. Though it does add unsprung weight.

Just confirms that before you buy do your research. I'm good with 10.1 inch tread width and not needing to mod my truck. 285/55/20 BFG KO2's are heavy in this size "56lbs" but the LX handles that well. I appreciate your help in my search and selection. These definitely protect the wheels and on the stock 8 1/2" rims gives them some bulge. If I was doing a lift or willing to do some modes, the bigger the better. I love the artic truck look ;)

Best part of this forum is my wallet always seems to feel lighter after reading it. :)

4UvTkMoeTiCiz1iwzdb+fg.jpg

...I am also looking to go 305/65/18 KO2s with:
2" OME Lift
SPC UCA
Stock Wheels

What else do I need to purchase or do?
- Spacers? if so what size?
- Bump Stops? If so front, rear or both?
- I know 305/70/17s Ridgelines do NOT fit in the spare tire well. Has anyone actually stuck this size under there in KO2s with stock wheels?

Work assumed:
- Mudflap removal
- Fender Trim

Missing anything?

.75” to 1” spacers are ideal. You won’t need to trim your fenders, unless you are just referring to the liners. You won’t need to do anything to your bumpstops either.

...I am also looking to go 305/65/18 KO2s with:
2" OME Lift
SPC UCA
Stock Wheels

What else do I need to purchase or do?
- Spacers? if so what size?
- Bump Stops? If so front, rear or both?
- I know 305/70/17s Ridgelines do NOT fit in the spare tire well. Has anyone actually stuck this size under there in KO2s with stock wheels?

Work assumed:
- Mudflap removal
- Fender Trim

Missing anything?

Did you put these on yet? Any inttereference w/the KDSS cylinder?

Did you put these on yet? Any inttereference w/the KDSS cylinder?

After doing a bit more research decided not to go with that size for now. Going with 275/70/18 KO2 3peak 10 ply. Don't want to spend extra on rear bumper as that tire doesn't fit in spare tire area. Going to that size, is going to be a lot more $$$ than just the cost of the tires so maybe after the 275/70/18 wear I will consider it. Performance off-road with the skinnies should be good esp in the snow.

After doing a bit more research decided not to go with that size for now. Going with 275/70/18 KO2 3peak 10 ply. Don't want to spend extra on rear bumper as that tire doesn't fit in spare tire area. Going to that size, is going to be a lot more $$$ than just the cost of the tires so maybe after the 275/70/18 wear I will consider it. Performance off-road with the skinnies should be good esp in the snow.

Just an FYI, the 305/65/18 KO2 fits with no issues underneath in the stock location. I am running one as we speak.

Just an FYI, the 305/65/18 KO2 fits with no issues underneath in the stock location. I am running one as we speak.
Awesome! I messaged someone running those tires on IG...they had issues. However, maybe that is due the Method Wheels he was running.

Any rubbing issues full turn?
Any rubbing issues full flex?

Thanks in advance.

Awesome! I messaged someone running those tires on IG...they had issues. However, maybe that is due the Method Wheels he was running.

Any rubbing issues full turn?
Any rubbing issues full flex?

Thanks in advance.

My spare is mounted on the OEM wheel, I can take pics if you need to see how it fits if needed underneath.

It did rub on the front fender liner but once it was readjusted and moved forward about 2 inches I do not have any rubbing. I am also running SPC UCAs and my alignment tech knows how to properly align lifted vehicles to minimize/ eliminate any rubbing.

Disclosure I have not fully stuffed it yet only partially but did not seem it would rub with how much room that was still available. There is another thread on here where the guy did the fender liner mod also and stated his did not rub at full stuff and he was running +20 method wheels.

Last edited:
My spare is mounted on the OEM wheel, I can take pics if you need to see how it fits if needed underneath.

It did rub on the front fender liner but once it was readjusted and moved forward about 2 inches I do not have any rubbing. Disclosure I have not fully stuffed it yet only partially but did not seem it would rub with how much room that was still available. There is another thread on here where the guy did the fender liner mod also and stated his did not rub at full stuff and he was running +20 method wheels.

How was the 2" forward adjustment done, SPC control arm adjustment? Rookie to all the mods. Figured not a big deal to trim fenders looks straight forward enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom