Big brown turd update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Instead of going on the Crown King run, I stayed at home working on the project:

I've been working hard on getting the beast presentable. She was let go for too long by previous owners.

This is how it looked after doing some minor things. IE- window tinting, grinding and painting the bumpers, getting the a/c work done, taking off the old roof rack
IM000914.sized.jpg

Then I spent some time doing my first attempt at body work. Grinding all of the rust off first, then filling those gaping rust holes with replacement metal and bondo. Then I used the line of the truck and painted it from there down and this is what it looks like now.

IM000916.sized.jpg

IM000915.sized.jpg

Not too bad for a first attempt huh? I only have the one side done, so I need to do the side in the first pic this week. Now at least it looks ok to take it offroading and camping etc. I'm still going to put the fender flares on so that will help cover some of my bondo imperfections :D but it looks much better.

Project rig = FUN!

Now at least it looks ok to take it offroading and camping etc.

well ya know thats what its all about,,, i touch up paint wash and wax before every wheelin trip :)

its lookin good, keep it going and maybe,,just maybe,,, i'll let myself be seen with you on the trail.

Aww dang- gettin crap! :D Look at that first pic again- it was hideous! and embarrasing.

A LC owner from Flag even asked why I bought it since it was so rusted out! :mad:

well of course your gettin' crap,, if its running and driving you should have come on the run with us.

thats cool man, getter done and you might win the show-n-shine at the next sonic cruise-in

See, now you're gonna get upset when (not if) you lay it on its side.
Shoulda left it battle worn. :D

Naw. It's looking pretty nice. Keep us informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom