Big Brother (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I've done some thinking as well as talked with Alex and David about this idea. I think Alex has done a great job being the president of our club. But there is only so much one man can do. We need a way to keep all members especially new ones informed of club events and happenings and with 51 members and growing it is evident some members are not getting some of the information posted on Mud or by e-mail and are feeling left out.

I'm suggesting we try something similar to a Big Brother. It doesn't just involve one person but everyone in the club. We need a way for members to stay connected. I am proposing those who will volunteer for the program have a list of people (especially new members who may not know many people in the club) that they call to inform others of club events and other outings. If we get enough volunteers then the list of people to call could be just one or two. Keeping new as well as existing members up in the know of events I think is very important. I have no problem calling a few people once or twice a month to make them feel like they are part of the club.

I see a lot of great things happening to the club this next year and I want to make sure everybody feels like they are part of it. This club was founded by a couple of guys who just want to get together and hang out and talk Cruisers; and though the club has grown to more than a couple of members it can still retain what our founding fathers originally intended.

So post any suggestions you have that might make this better. And post up if you would like to volunteer.

Thanks.

Marshall Shepherd
Membership and Safety Coordinator

out reach

Those who feel left out need to be stroked I agree,
but, it ain't hard to follow the goings on of this
club. I mean since JP hooked us up with the All Knowing
and Powerful Woody it's a click away. We aren't in
Kanas anymore for sure. :)
Now we have our most excellent web site, merchandise,
etc. It's just soooooo easy to be involved if anyone
has the desire. Those who want to do stuff....well..
they do stuff.
I'll do some call-a-thon stuff. I don't mind, but,
as I like to say, "actors are responsible for actions".
HEY....WAKEUP OUT THERE!
Pay attention or good times may pass you by. :)
Ohm....cruiser,cruiser,cruiser....Ohm

Good idea, and well said. As I am the southernmost member, I can be in charge of those down here. I believe it's just Barry and I at this point, but I wiil keep Sputnik40 and Mr Toyota Mike M. informed of all the club functions.

I may miss most of the goings on, but I keep an eye on all you n'er do wells, thanks to Woody.

Keep up the good work. Wish I was goinging to G-ville with you guys this saturday.....

Gundy said:
Those who feel left out need to be stroked I agree,
but, it ain't hard to follow the goings on of this
club. I mean since JP hooked us up with the All Knowing
and Powerful Woody it's a click away. We aren't in
Kanas anymore for sure. :)
Now we have our most excellent web site, merchandise,
etc. It's just soooooo easy to be involved if anyone
has the desire. Those who want to do stuff....well..
they do stuff.
I'll do some call-a-thon stuff. I don't mind, but,
as I like to say, "actors are responsible for actions".
HEY....WAKEUP OUT THERE!
Pay attention or good times may pass you by. :)
Ohm....cruiser,cruiser,cruiser....Ohm

Well said David.

The main reason I thought of this is to help new members as well as some that may have fall on the fringes feel like they are part of something. I don't think everyone needs to be called. But if I was a new or potential member thinking about joining or have just joined it would be nice to have a club member inviting me or reminding me of something going on at least until I felt like part of the club. I think after a few months they would be themselves one of the people making some calls. And heck by then there is no way they wouldn't want to be a part of the club. With the great members we have in the club and the fun events we do and the diversity of the events it's a hard thing to pass up. Especially when you have the Mafia keeping us on our toes.:D

the new blood

I 'm so pleased with the club's progress I can't put it in words.
The Mafia is a big part of that.
The new members bring a lot to the table and we are all
hungry for all things Cruiser.
Let the feasting begin!
Give me some #s to call and I'll talk them to death. :)

Yeah we better put a time limit on the phone calls, cause JP and David are liable to be turnin in some phones bills for expense po's. HAHAHA.

I'm up for callin folks...I can sell ice to an eskimo so I'm sure I can get them to come out to the events.

Chuck you talk just as much as JP and David.

As for the Big Brother I feel like getting people onto mud and reading their emails would serve us better then making calls all the time. But I am willing to do my part and make a few calls if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom