Big Booty Judy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Of course! Why else would have spent all that time "fabbin'" my pinch seam :)
Got a couple of lightbars on order and 1 of every color Mattrax for the hood!
I hope you have a snorkel and rotopax on the way too

Have you noticed any shifting issues with the 35s? I have some 315-70-17 K2s that are on my JKU that I want to swap to my LX. I think they’ll fit with stock ahc after a seam fold and spacers since they’re about 34”, but I don’t wanna go through the effort if the gearing will be too off too.

I just put them on for mock up. The 4.7 is gutless as it is with the 285s and 4 speed, so I'm sure the 35s and heavy wheels will suck even worse. I can't speak for the 5 speed and 4:10s, but gearing will be addressed after a wheeling trip to decide if I want to lock and gear the factory axle and front diff or jump straight to the tons. Oklahoma is fairly flat, so you'd be fine I'm sure.

I just put them on for mock up. The 4.7 is gutless as it is with the 285s and 4 speed, so I'm sure the 35s and heavy wheels will suck even worse. I can't speak for the 5 speed and 4:10s, but gearing will be addressed after a wheeling trip to decide if I want to lock and gear the factory axle and front diff or jump straight to the tons. Oklahoma is fairly flat, so you'd be fine I'm sure.
Gear-driven t-case in these rigs, so a lot of this can be resolved by swapping in underdrive and low range gears for much cheaper than the costs of re-gearing diffs.

Gear-driven t-case in these rigs, so a lot of this can be resolved by swapping in underdrive and low range gears for much cheaper than the costs of re-gearing diffs.
Yeah, if I keep the T case, I will do the 3:1 and PT kit certainly. I'm watching Verne Simons closely right since he is doing a divorced xfer case in a Tundra he is building...and while I do know the A343F I have a different animal as far as adapting anything I'd want due to the FT landcruiser case integration, but if I really dig wheeling Big Booty Judy, then a trans swap is not out of the question to give me some better transfer case options.

Even after battling kidney stones and unplanned trips to the ER, I managed to remove the AHC and get the OME installed. I’ll still crank the torsion bars up another inch or so, but so far rides great!

36AF2741-921A-4492-9FA1-298EA19FCEEE.jpeg

616E3AC9-8855-45AF-A8E6-114AC737E48D.jpeg

166AEBAE-AAD1-461A-AA7E-8DEEE7AEFCDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Some observations about the AHC removal. I will have plenty of clean AHC parts needed for anyone, but removing the rear shocks was only achievable with the sawzall. This rig is very clean and no rust, so I was hopeful, there is just no room up there. Not sure how common it is since I've read the shock nut was a 22mm, but stock on a 98 was a 19 for future reference. OME was obviously a 22mm, but still way too much work just removing those 2 shocks! I still need to pull all of the adjusters, accumulators and pumps etc...

FYI, 35x12.50 Falken Mts on 18" heavy steel wheel combo is 114.5lbs
285 BFG KO2 on stock 16" alloy wheels was 81.5lbs.

So 33lbs extra per corner wasn't too bad to what I thought it wasting to be. Braking and acceleration hasn't been much different either, still not awesome, but tolerable for the moment.

I managed to get enough time to get the front bumper welded up. My Zeon winch will not fit...but I’ll trim down the hood latch support and it should be good to go. Hopefully I’ll get time to get the rear bumper and swing outs welded up soon! Just way to much grinding for my lack of time and old man back!!

41C58243-3876-4A3A-920C-0D77EC8CD895.jpeg

Last edited:
The Wildpeaks are just heavy as hell regardless of what size you get. IIRC, in a 285 they’re like 10 lbs heavier than other brand MTs of the same size. Great tire tho!

The Wildpeaks are just heavy as hell regardless of what size you get. IIRC, in a 285 they’re like 10 lbs heavier than other brand MTs of the same size. Great tire tho!
Yup, my 38s Iran on my scrambler on 17" aluminum beadlocks were only a few lbs heavier than these....but never had any issues with the tires! I even did some redneck wheeling driving over cars for an event with full PSI and never cut the tires!

If AHC is still working I netted more lift on my 04 with a sensor lift in N than I have on my 99. Of course I could push the other suspension higher but run 34s on both with zero issues.

The LX rides awesome once you dial in pressures plus you still have H for wheelin.

I like the steel wheels....

That's looking great! I don't know why there is so much hate towards LX facia but I find them more handsome than LCs!

FYI, 35x12.50 Falken Mts on 18" heavy steel wheel combo is 114.5lbs
285 BFG KO2 on stock 16" alloy wheels was 81.5lbs.

So 33lbs extra per corner wasn't too bad to what I thought it wasting to be. Braking and acceleration hasn't been much different either, still not awesome, but tolerable for the moment.

Truck looking great

Wait until you head out west and have to climb steep grades in Colorado, those wheels and tire combo you're going to feel the pain as i did when i had my last setup. Even though mine was only 97lbs, the LX was redlining all the way up I70 eisenhower tunnel area, or else you'd lose speed and roll backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom