Big Bend National Park Run January, 18 - 22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Overlanding trip to Big Bend National Park, Wednesday, January 18 to Sunday, January 22nd.
Several Alamo City Land Cruisers members will be traveling to Big Bend National Park for camping and backcountry touring of this amazing place.
This is a family-friendly expedition; anyone attending may come and go as their schedule allows.
The details and itinerary are still coming together but at this point, we'll probably be staying at a developed campground in Terlingua (hot showers and flushing toilets) since group campsites in the national park are difficult to get without six months' notice.
If you've always wanted to explore this diverse and amazing area, now is an opportunity with Veteran Big Bend campers. Or if you're a seasoned Big Bend visitor, come see some of the staples of the area again.
There are a lot of open opportunities if you can make it. If you have a special activity in or around the park, please chime in; we may be able to incorporate it into the expedition.
We'll be reserving the key to the Christmas Mountains run at some point during the trip so if you've never seen the views from the top, it's well worth the "colorado style" road up to the top of the range.
Another option is for those that have a passport, we can cross over to Boquillas, Mexico for a nice lunch and margarita before a dip in the park's natural Hot Springs.
Please post any questions or if you can make it and want to be put on a distribution list too for trip communication. During the trip, we can use GMRS radios to communicate on the trail. I have a few extra if you don't have one or I can recommend a good one via Amazon.
If you can make it and commit to doing so, let me know and I'll pass the campground information to you so reservations can be made.
Let's use those Toyota's for what they were designed for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom