1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bear July 8-10

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by FirstToy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. FirstToy

FirstToy

This was a few 4Runners and one 80 - here are some of my favorite pics

Butler's Peak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big Bear Lake view
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Going up Gold Mtn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AMMO

AMMO

Awwww Man James...

I wish i had known you were up there... Clownmidget and I ran GDMT and John Bull on that sunday the 10th, and SilverCruiser ran Hollcomb solo....

Better luck next time, How'd ya do?

-Matt

3. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Keep the rest of us in mind as well - unless appreciably harder than Miller's! hehehe Nice pics Toy - then again you do have an eye for nice photos! Jagged looking rocks - any sliced tires?

Sliders going on this Sunday. Taking a short drive to/from SLO. Still stock height tho.

4. FirstToy

FirstToy

We ran Gold Mtn on Sat. and that was fun. We didn't do John Bull since I read your last report about needing full lockers.

We were going to head out Dishpan Springs to Arrowhead but the trailhead was closed- kinda a bummer. We almost did Holcomb but we had one non-slider truck and didn't want to take chances.

Bummer, that would have been cool to meet up w/ you guys on sunday. Oh well... how was John Bull and Holcomb?

5. blupaddler

blupaddler

Glad to hear you guys had a good trip!

So there are still areas that haven't opened up? Did you guys try any of the roads on the south side of Big Bear Lake?

:cheers:

6. FirstToy

FirstToy

we didn't do anything on the south side. Yeah, we planned to run dishpan down to Lake Arrowhead- but since it was closed we decided to just head out b/c of the long drive home for some people.

7. AMMO

AMMO

James,

You know John Bull was a not as hard now. I think with so much being still closed that it is getting allot of traffic these days... With that comes allot of folks stacking rocks and "paving" the way... I think when I first ran JB it was still "new" for the season. But still you made a good call if you had a rig with out sliders, I know I used mine and I’m on 37's.

-Matt

8. FirstToy

FirstToy

Matt,
    I was leading up Gold Mtn so I took harder lines over the obstacles before spotting the others. I hit my sliders a few times so I knew anything harder would be no good for the others. Anyway, I think JB is for more built up rigs than mine. If you're hitting w/ 37's= stuck for me.

How is Holcolmb? Also, what are some other good trails up there (at the Gold mtn. level of difficulty, maybe a few more challenges than Gold Mtn..?)

9. bulldog-yota

bulldog-yota