Big Bear July 8-10

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by FirstToy, Jul 12, 2005.

1. FirstToy

FirstToy

This was a few 4Runners and one 80 - here are some of my favorite pics

Butler's Peak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big Bear Lake view
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Going up Gold Mtn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AMMO

AMMO

Awwww Man James...

I wish i had known you were up there... Clownmidget and I ran GDMT and John Bull on that sunday the 10th, and SilverCruiser ran Hollcomb solo....

Better luck next time, How'd ya do?

-Matt

3. Brentbba

Brentbba Former Golfer SILVER Star

Keep the rest of us in mind as well - unless appreciably harder than Miller's! hehehe Nice pics Toy - then again you do have an eye for nice photos! Jagged looking rocks - any sliced tires?

Sliders going on this Sunday. Taking a short drive to/from SLO. Still stock height tho.

4. FirstToy

FirstToy

We ran Gold Mtn on Sat. and that was fun. We didn't do John Bull since I read your last report about needing full lockers.

We were going to head out Dishpan Springs to Arrowhead but the trailhead was closed- kinda a bummer. We almost did Holcomb but we had one non-slider truck and didn't want to take chances.

Bummer, that would have been cool to meet up w/ you guys on sunday. Oh well... how was John Bull and Holcomb?

5. blupaddler

blupaddler

Glad to hear you guys had a good trip!

So there are still areas that haven't opened up? Did you guys try any of the roads on the south side of Big Bear Lake?

:cheers:

6. FirstToy

FirstToy

we didn't do anything on the south side. Yeah, we planned to run dishpan down to Lake Arrowhead- but since it was closed we decided to just head out b/c of the long drive home for some people.

7. AMMO

AMMO

James,

You know John Bull was a not as hard now. I think with so much being still closed that it is getting allot of traffic these days... With that comes allot of folks stacking rocks and "paving" the way... I think when I first ran JB it was still "new" for the season. But still you made a good call if you had a rig with out sliders, I know I used mine and I’m on 37's.

-Matt

8. FirstToy

FirstToy

Matt,
    I was leading up Gold Mtn so I took harder lines over the obstacles before spotting the others. I hit my sliders a few times so I knew anything harder would be no good for the others. Anyway, I think JB is for more built up rigs than mine. If you're hitting w/ 37's= stuck for me.

How is Holcolmb? Also, what are some other good trails up there (at the Gold mtn. level of difficulty, maybe a few more challenges than Gold Mtn..?)

9. bulldog-yota

bulldog-yota

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.