Big Bear Adopt-a-Trail Pictures & Story (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TemboTusk

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.tembotusk.com
Here's the report on our first Adopt A Trail weekend.

We met with the Forest Ranger, Greg Hoffman, on Sunday, May 15th at the Big Bear Discovery Center while it was snowing outside. He told us about the program and let us know what the day's agenda would be. We also had the opportunity to ask questions. We followed him to the ranger station where he gave us a tour of the greenhouse where reforestation projects start. He also showed us the Adopt A Trail program storage shed and trailer that we have access to. Afterwards we headed to our adopted trails.

On the trail, one of the volunteers rode with Greg while he led us through the trails to write out a maintenance plan for our future work. We actually did some trail maintenance while it was snowing!! Everyone seemed to enjoy rolling trees and logs downhill. We also got to do some winching to remove a dead tree that was hung up in others.

After we finished with the club's trails, Greg took us on a guided tour (narrated via CB radio) of a couple of other trails in Holcomb Valley. He provided some interesting narration about the area.

I would like to thank all of the volunteers that came to help get the program started for the club. Even though the weather was bad, everyone hung in there until the end of the day and we were able to get a good start. The club members that attended were Brian Salzer, Nick, Steve Nowak, Chris Farmer, Paul Thomas, Scott Rogers and Jim Harlow. There were also a few others that the members brought along to help. Everyone's help was greatly appreciated.

Jim Harlow

01 Big Bear.jpg
03 Big Bear.jpg
05 Big Bear.jpg

2n84 clean up

I talked to jim and we r going up to camp again at our yellow post campsite friday the 24th and possibly the 25th. We would like everybody that is planning to camp or help with the clean up let jim or myself (brian) know. the gate to our trail will be locked and we want to try to avoid having to make many xtra trips to unlock it. we would like to meet in the fawnskin fire dept "staging area" rim of the world by 8 am to put us on the trail nice and early. for the earlybirds that need a worm we will be eating breakfast at the goldpan and nugget room at 7 am. if u plan to help remember gloves, safetyglasses, hardhat, real shoes, and some hand tools would be cool: shovels, hoes, axes etc..... and after we will do a quick run ...maybe gold mt??? :cool:
CIMG3726.jpg
CIMG3725.jpg

we will meet sat at the fire house at 8!!!!! elaine and my self are going to camp at the yellow post on2n84 friday night and maby sat night, grab your tent and enjoy a bonfire!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom