1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 80's

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by fzj, Feb 15, 2004.

1. fzj

fzj

I'd like to see some pictures of your guy's rigs, especially the big one's, and some description of your mods if ya could, thanks

2. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    fzj, try reader's rides on this site. Also, how about introducing yourself?

3. Junk

Junk

Welcome FZJ.

What do you consider big? Something with 285's? :slap: It would help if you said.

Also, if you are trying to accomplish something, it may help if you let us know first. IOW, are you looking for a certain look, rock crawling, mud, expedition, what?

4. xl715

xl715

here's my 94 next to a stocker, or as I like to call em a lowrider!! :D

5. fzj

fzj

I'm running the J springs with spacers, around 5 inches of lift, a couple years ago I considered this a pretty big lift and I run 315 75 R16's on 16X10 inch rockcrawlers, but I been hearing and checked out these new 6 inch coils and people running 37's and 38's, that's what I consider big know. I would at some point like to step up to 37's, so I just wanted to see some big rigs and here about some of the problems if any that people may be having i.e. driveling vibrations, steering etc.

6. xl715

xl715

And heres a guy with a glove on his head!! ???

7. fzj

fzj

xl715 what size tires and lift do you have, that thing looks huge

8. xl715

xl715

About 6" of lift and 315/75R16's. Enough for me, any higher and I wouldn't be able to clear tree branches!! Turned out right where I want it as far as height goes. But at 7 feet tall, parking garages are out of the question!!

9. fzj

fzj

What type of steering and driveline mods did you make

10. xl715

xl715

A lot! Custom CV front drive shaft, extended stainless brake lines, extended rear sway bar mounts, no front sway bar, custom extended panhards front and rear, slee front lower control arms, slee adjustable front spacers, modified abs wiring harness in front, extended diff breathers and I'm sure a few other small things I can't think of right now!!

11. Junk

Junk

[quote author=xl715 link=board=2;threadid=11566;start=msg105458#msg105458 date=1076901659]
    modified abs wiring harness in front[/quote]

OK, the glove on the head made snot fly out my nose I laughed so hard, but can you tell us more about the ABS mod? Never heard of anyone doing that. Thanks.

12. xl715

xl715

When I installed the slee front lower control arms the stock abs wiring runs in a metal tube/bracket thingy that bolts to the stock square control arms, so i took my air grinder and moded the brackets and tube so it now runs nicely down the new control arms. Not a big tech mod, however it was something I had to address so I thought I should mention it.
    BTW the glove on head was a buddy of mine after numerous beers at about 2 in the morning bored as all hell, thinking "I wonder what would happen if I stick a glove his head and get him to blow it up with his nose"!! Funny as hell at the time.