BHCC & Friday dinner/raffle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this has been talked about before. any thoughts to moving these to Friday night? it would make it easier for those of us traveling a long distance (MN, IA, MO, CO) and it shouldn't be too much trouble for the local folks to get still there.

thanks!

I think having the dinner/raffle on Friday night is a great idea.
After:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:on Saturday night,
packing up for 2-3 hours and a 10-12 hour drive on Sunday makes for a long day!

:banana:

i vote for friday :D i may cruise up and hitch rides, if i do, would i be able to get into the dinner? if so, what's the $?

I'm OK with having the raffle & dinner Friday - just so long as it doesn't consist of soggy steaks that have been sitting at the bottom of an unplugged coffin freezer all day.

One other thing to consider are any long or late-running trail rides the day of the raffle & dinner. I think in past years they've either not run trails that were further away or limited the number of trucks on those rides.

I will bring it up to Charlie since he is the chairman. all input is greatly appreciated!!

thank you!

We are hoping that the FJ Cruiser Team will be hosting a BBQ dinner Friday night. And for those of you who weren't here last year you are in for a treat as far as our dinner goes. We have a member who is going to cater for us again this year. Last year he treated us to some of the best smoked ribs and finger lickin' chicken. The DTC actually discussed moving the days of the event to earlier in the week. ie Mon, Tues, Wed.

As a side note, I am pleased to announce that we are getting a good drenching right now, we haven't had this much rain for probably 8 or 9 years. This is the first time in a long time I haven't been worried about the drought and fire danger, right now the concern is flooding.

We try not to run trails that can't be done on time the day of the dinner. Thankfully Hal John is now just down the road, the farthest trails will be Bikini and T-Back, Flat Nasty and Fruity Pebbles are both a definate go for the Classic, Captain Crunch is still in question as we are not sure we have the crunch time for it, The Buzzworms are going to be iffy, they may be running with water this year.

great news about the rain!!!

There was an event this weekend, they weren't able to run anything in Camp 5, 6 of the biggest most prepared went through there yesterday, and the water was running through Hal Johns and most of the water crossings were at least 3 feet deep, I'm sure the Buzzworms are under water as well

I concer, friday diner is sound thinking . Just so long as the food is not skunk azz. Wich is the reson I ran FROM the hills in the past at aboot 3:00 pm saterday.

FJ Cruiser team is doing the Friday night BBQ
Saturday night is the BHCC dinner and raffle, with Smoked Ribs, corn on the cob and Chicken to die for

that sounds awesome!!!

thanks for all the work on this, it wouldn't happen without you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom