BH3D Cup Holder - PWR 2nd Switch Relocation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I just received my Dual Front Cup Holder, from Brad at BH3D and was wondering what you all are doing with the PWR/2nd Switch, that gets mostly covered up by the holder. My initial thoughts were to relocate the switch to somewhere up on the dash but noticed that it is on a pretty short harness. Is there such a thing as an extension for these switches, or would I need to build my own? If trying to make my own extension, does anyone have PN for the Male and Female plug ends?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have the dual cup holder as well. There is a cut out in the bottom of the holder and you can still press the buttons. I didn't have to relocate it. Its not ideal but you can still hit the buttons. Just move the cup holder further up.

Hello all,

I just received my Dual Front Cup Holder, from Brad at BH3D and was wondering what you all are doing with the PWR/2nd Switch, that gets mostly covered up by the holder. My initial thoughts were to relocate the switch to somewhere up on the dash but noticed that it is on a pretty short harness. Is there such a thing as an extension for these switches, or would I need to build my own? If trying to make my own extension, does anyone have PN for the Male and Female plug ends?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Push the CH forward slightly. You can still use the buttons. My switch is in the same place and since I leave it on PWR all the time (because it adds 25 HP), then once it's engaged, I don't need to disengage......

You can still use it even with the CH there.

I do appreciate the responses and I do understand that the buttons are still partially visible and still functional but I would really like to move the switch up and away, if possible. I did try positioning the unit farther forward but then you sacrifice in height as you approach the ashtray. Has anyone relocated their PWR/2nd Switch?

Cut and splice an extension in if it really bothers you. I leave mine on power all the time and have never needed 2nd gear start so I don't mind that it's partially blocked.

I put mine right over the two buttons and I can still reach them just fine by sticking my finger under the edge of the cupholder. Mine is a double cup holder. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

:edit: just read your reply, sorry for the dumb post. :) Extend the wires and play around with it :hillbilly:

Yeah, I'm not sure which way I'll go. I just like the idea of keeping everything clean and neat looking and I also worry about condensation dripping down and messing with the switch in its current location. I will likely try making and extension and moving it up. If I do, I'll be sure to post some pics.

:rofl:

If you still have the coin slots I would extend the button harness and move the switch to one of the dumb coil slot holes in the center console.
I would certainly do that if I had any. Alas, the Lexus console doesn’t have them. I should’ve mentioned that in the first place.

That's why I have the single up front and the dual in the back.
Did you have any issue with the middle seats hitting the rear cup holders when seats are folded all the way forward?

Did you have any issue with the middle seats hitting the rear cup holders when seats are folded all the way forward?
Nope. They clear.

I've run this double cupholder for a while now and have no issue at all using these buttons when desired. I recommend you install the cupholder where it's supposed to go/most useful and run it for a while before you go through the hassle of relocating the buttons as I'm guessing you may decide they are good where they are. You can always relocate the buttons later if you still want to.

While the cupholder doesn't make the buttons hard to use in my experience it does help avoid accidental toggling of the buttons which is a nice upside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom