BFgoodrich rugged terrain tires?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody running these on there cruiser??

Im looking for a 285-75-16 AT thats quite on road but some ok offroad traction...on the road 90% time..use the 80 for vacatoins, fishing, hunting.......

I have cooper STT's on present, but tired of the noise, not great road handle...but thats what a mud tire is, time to move on...need smoooooth...lol

I had those on a pickup a few years ago from stock, they were just ok. When they wore out, I got Firestone Dstination ATs, those were much better offroad/snow traction, and just as low noise on the highway. No experience with the nittos.

On the cruiser I went for the Goodyear Duratrac, not sure of better snow performance, had virtually no snow last winter after buying them, but others report them as excellent. A bit louder on the highway than the other two tires, but still not as bad as a mud tire.

Anybody running these on there cruiser??

Im looking for a 285-75-16 AT thats quite on road but some ok offroad traction...on the road 90% time..use the 80 for vacatoins, fishing, hunting.......

I have cooper STT's on present, but tired of the noise, not great road handle...but thats what a mud tire is, time to move on...need smoooooth...lol

I have approx 10,000 miles on a set that are on my F150. They have only seen rain and highway miles. I bought them to try them out as they were brand new to the market and I would be using them as a highway tire.
They are quiet and have done very well in the rain (no hydroplaning, good traction). Without measuring, they appear to be wearing very well also as they still look new.

They are quieter than terragrapplers I had. I would probably buy the terragrapplers next time as I had excellent experience with them previously. The noise difference I could live with.

X3 on the Terra grapplers, Ive got over 60k miles on mine with tread to spare. Though I'm thinking new shoes by winter and considering Duratracs.

Thanks all for the reply's

I decided to pull the trigger on the BFG's rugged terrains, and glad I did, very smooth and quite. Steering is about dead straight, every so slight pull to right, barely,....

I like it when I can just here the wind off the mirror's..lol
I will see how they handle in the dirt this weekend.

Glad I let those cooper STT's go, it was like driving on slick snot bubbles in the rain lol

002-5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Good! I went with the AT's, but I'm wishing I went with the Muds considering the 80 is not my daily driver.

Thanks,
those BFG mud's are one bad to the bone tire, would of got those if I wasnt using the lx450 for traveling.....

ibe been considering these for my truck. So keep us updated

I will, since your twisting my arm...lol

these are the only pics that I have so far.

I wanted load range E, a little tuffer tire, but a bit more weight...50.4lbs per tire

Will update to let you know if there any good......

Last edited:
New to the forum here. Just got a new to me 97 lx with shot tires. I was seriously considering the rugged terrains but ended up getting the Falken Rocky Mountains 285/75/16. So far I'm very happy with them. They look great and handle great so far. Sorry to hijack

No prob. and welcome to the forum!

I'm running these right now too, 285/75/r16. Real quiet on the road, pretty happy so far

Just picked my LC up from having the BFG Rugged Terrains 285/75/17 load range E put on mine too.

Nice, sounds like a few more are running these now.

Let us know how you like em so far...post some pics

"Update"...put 1k miles on them so far and like em alot, smooth and quite, handle well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom