BFG no longer makes MT 33x9.50 What is next best option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pulled up to tire store today to get five new 33x9.50x15 MT's. They said we could only find four as BFG is not going to make that size anymore. Called around and had others tell me the same thing. Any other options that would fit on stock rims would be helpful. FJ40 w/sbc, 4"skyjacker lift and cut fenders. Thanks Albee

They still make the AT's. I have the AT's and am quite happy

If you plan on going in any mud the AT sucks in my opinion whereas the MT kicks pretty good. However I think that if you do 90% of driving on road the AT is hard to beat, great all around tire except you'll be stuck in the mud. I've got ATs right now and plan on getting the MTs again someday. I'd def go with 35's with the setup you have. You wouldn't be disappointed.

I am suprised they even could find 4 of the MT's, BFG aint made em in 2+ years.

with your set up I would go 33x10.5 MTs

i run 33x10.5's on two vehicles, with my dd having bfgs...love em

THe 33x10.50 MT sound good to me. I was not sure if it was too wide for stock rim. Thanks

its a wee bit wider than perfect, but lots of folks run them.

here is a pic of 33x10.5's on stock wheels
coolfj40_1854_8737338

albee said:
THe 33x10.50 MT sound good to me. I was not sure if it was too wide for stock rim. Thanks

Thanks for that, 'Pimp. I bought a set of stock DB wheels and wanted to find most any brand of 33x9.50 MT's and they are not to be had. If the 10.50's will work on the stock rims, I'm in. Did the tire guy make you sign some sort of waiver? Some of them balk at mounting that wide of a tire on 5.5" rims.
Are they BFG ot GoodYears? Or something else?

Great pic.

Ed

I don't run them on my 40's, the pic is from CCOT. Personaly I think they are 1" to wide for the stock wheels, but others have run them with no complaints

Degnol said:
Thanks for that, 'Pimp. I bought a set of stock DB wheels and wanted to find most any brand of 33x9.50 MT's and they are not to be had. If the 10.50's will work on the stock rims, I'm in. Did the tire guy make you sign some sort of waiver? Some of them balk at mounting that wide of a tire on 5.5" rims.
Are they BFG ot GoodYears? Or something else?

Great pic.

Ed

nuclearlemon said:
i run 33x10.5's on two vehicles, with my dd having bfgs...love em

So, Ige, what brand are they?
And are they mated to stockers?

Thanks,

Ed

Degnol said:
So, Ige, what brand are they?
And are they mated to stockers?

Thanks,

Ed
the bfg mt's are on stock 60 rims (ok, half stock, half aftermarket wagons). the others are swampers on stock early drum cruiser rims.

i even have 35x12.5 swampers on stock rims...that i wouldn't recommend.

In the west, we have Big O and Les Schwab - both of which carry a MT (sortof) that's 33X9.50. Suggest you check some of the second tier tire sellers, to see if they have what you want.

Hi All:

I've heard of another 33X9.5R15 radial tire - the "Kelly Springfield MSR." From what I remember the tread was sorta between an all-terrain and a mud-terrain on the aggressiveness scale.

HTH.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom