BF Goodrich tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

knuckle47

I can’t get enough Land Cruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
My FJ40 has BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 31 x 10.5 R15. It does not have a spare tire. After the 6 months that I have had the rear tire carrier, I finally installed it and went to order a 5th tire to match the other 4. They don’t show the All Terrain T/A in this size without it being designated as KO2…..Other sizes like 16” and up, they show it without the KO2 but the R15 only shows as BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

does anyone know what the KO2 designates ( and please don’t say potassium oxide )

EDIT: Found it…… apparently, a shoulder profile and spacing between the tire grooves

Last edited:
My FJ40 has BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 31 x 10.5 R15. It does not have a spare tire. After the 6 months that I have had the rear tire carrier, I finally installed it and went to order a 5th tire to match the other 4. They don’t show the All Terrain T/A in this size without it being designated as KO2…..Other sizes like 16” and up, they show it without the KO2 but the R15 only shows as BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

does anyone know what the KO2 designates ( and please don’t say potassium oxide )
KO2 was the next version with an updated tread/sidewall design.

@desmocruiser …thank you. I threw caution to the wind and ordered it… Never liked not having a spare tire….amazing how much a tire is… in 1974, my Armstrong Tru-Tracks were maybe $60.00 each? This, with all of the money grabbing fees, was $254

@desmocruiser …thank you. I threw caution to the wind and ordered it… Never liked not having a spare tire….amazing how much a tire is… in 1974, my Armstrong Tru-Tracks were maybe $60.00 each? This, with all of the money grabbing fees, was $254
They are great tires! Armstrong Tru-Tracks, that is an iconic FJ40 tire!

Happen to have a few of the older photos… ‘74 FJ40 , Jackman Wheels and Armstrong Tires
6EE9E7A0-39A3-4AF6-AC0E-0AA44335465C.jpeg

That‘d be potassium dioxide I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom