BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 for TRD wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
I need tires for my newly acquired TRD Forged wheels. This is going to be my winter and off road setup (if I ever go off road). I'd go with Blizzaks but my mancard says I need to toughen the truck a little if just for the winters. Brooklyn Chris, would you agree.

This tire is due out Nov 2014. Seems these will be winter rated. I was considering the Goodyear duratracs for the winter rating but others have voiced concerns about their on-road handing while I have not heard negatives about the old BF AT KO's on-road handling. These seem they would be even better than the BF ATKOs AND winter rated. Toyota recommends 285-70-17s for these wheels from what I understand. 275-70-17 is on tire rack for $238. Cant find the 285s.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/truck-tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2/tire-details
http://blog.caranddriver.com/baja-f...s-new-onoff-road-tire-the-all-terrain-ta-ko2/
http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20140905/NEWS/140909946/bfg-calls-t-a-ko2-toughest-ever-a-t-tire
Video reviews:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/09/bf-goodrich-terrain-ta-ko2-review.html

Let the opinions fly.

I've got the Duratracs, proly the best tire I've owned to date... IMO they handle great on the road... but these look really nice too!!!

looks good! My AT/KO's on my FJ Cruiser has a little shake and the tire shops are telling me after the road force, it's balanced... still shakes. Seems like a lot of the Guys on the FJ Forums have the same problems and have switched to the Duratracs. Has anyone else experienced the wobbles on their land cruiser with BFG? other than that I like the BFG's, they can take a beating especially out in the jagged desert rocks here in Utah (no flats yet), My sidewalls are beat to crap and there are chunks missing all over the place but tire is still good at 24,000 miles... That's the only reason I shy away from them, is the slight shaking/wobbles, maybe the new ones are better?

In the winter time my tires look like snowballs when I pull into the garage

Last edited:
Well I just went to discount tire and told them to cancel my Goodyear adventures (new silent armors) that I had on hold and I ordered 5 BFG ATko2's 285/65r18 sized tires, They told me they would let me drive and try it out, and if I don't like it I can trade it in for a different tire of any brand with in 30 days... Will keep you all updated when I get the tires installed, should be mid November and while I am at it I am going to throw on some Slee Sliders too... Arich thanks for the heads up... No 275/70r18 size until sometime 2015, but my stock Michelin's are really on their last legs 4/32nd can't wait any longer.

Have been battling a decision between the Adventures/Duratrac... But Wifey and I decided on these last night

I really like the Duratrac, but we drove a 4 runner that had some on with 50% tread left and they were a little loud for us. But man what a great looking tire and from what Kreiten says they kick ass everywhere too.

Thanks again everyone for all you post has helped immensely

You know, you could have gotten the 295/65/18s...

Ive got Duratracs on mine, and there is only rubbing at full lock...

Shoot I looked at that size and looks like BFG will not release that size until 1st or 2nd qtr of 2015 great idea though

Any thoughts on going with 275-70-17 since they will be out tomorrow vs waiting for the Toyota recommended 285-70-17 for the TRD 17's?

275/70R17 would be fine on the TRD wheels. BFG recommends a 7-8.5" rim width range for that particular tire.

Any thoughts on going with 275-70-17 since they will be out tomorrow vs waiting for the Toyota recommended 285-70-17 for the TRD 17's?

I have the 285/70-17 BFG AT T/A KO's on my TRD wheels and I wouldn't want to go any smaller - I'd wait.

Wait.

For 35's

Haha Willy! And thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it!

I'm thinking about going from 325/60/18s (33.3") to 325/65/18s (34.6) for a delta of 1.3". I'm running Toyo AT2s now, but do like the new BFG KO2s.

Do you guys think the bigger diameter will push me over the edge to re-gear? Currently with stock gears it drives fine as the 5.7 has plenty of oomph for now. Thanks!

I want to know the same thing. Second question is that something a competent mechanic should be able to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom