Bezels! Square bezels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
Since we have been on the subject of bezels for a while! IDave, anyone know? Will the newer square bezels fit an older cruiser without any modification?

Well, there's fit, and there's fit.

NO! Don't do it.

But yes, I have seen trucks on Ebay with them retroed on like that.

Square bezels are for people who can't figure out which way is up! :flipoff2:

hey just giver a try n see, i'm pretty sure they will though, my son put a 67 on his 83, so i'm sure it works the other way as well.

Now Dave, I take that personaly! I am going to be putting down sod this summer, is it the green side up?

Hey, are you a blonde, Romer?

&#039:Don't know for sure.... but assume NOT.
It's my understanding that the square bezel was introduced because Euro vehicle standards for '79 dictated that the headlights be further apart than on pre-79 '40's.
Read it somewhere on internet.... so..... info is suspect to begin with. ::)

Someone measure and prove/disprove this ?

My '79 lamps are 30-1/2" apart on centers of lamps.

John Sherwood TlCA Upstate Cruisers
Charlotte, NC '79 FJ-40

i could do that if it stopped raining. but don't do it, i recon round bezels look better (and i own both)

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84059#msg84059 date=1073163431]
[/quote]

Nope - just f%^&king with ya! Ok I give up I fliped the Bezel over. How's that?

You know, it really does look better that way. I mean, the bezel. :D

Anyone that owns a Classic round bezel 40 and wants to swap a sqare bezel onto it, needs therapy
Only thing I've heard that is worse is the guy that wanted to swap his round headlights on his 60 over to the square ones like the FJ62
Butch

[quote author=denis link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84323#msg84323 date=1073207712]
square bezels suck
[/quote]

I'm with him.

wow what a stir over some sheet metal, some things sould not be fxxxed with.......moter aint one of m nor is the suspention. go nuts with that s*** leave tha sheet metal alone.

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84059#msg84059 date=1073163431]
[/quote]

Hey! Easy IDave, I'm a blonde!!! :slap:

Hey Dave, since you seem to be the agreed upon expert!

What's worse, replacing a round bezel with a square Bezel, or having a Bezel upside down?

I would think the square Bezel would change the look in a more significant manner than having it upside down.

I haven't seen anyone get busted for putting a square Bezel on when it wasn't suppose to have one.

Ken

Dianna,
Ken was referring to the punch line of an obscure blonde joke, and I was merely acknowledging it. No disrespect was intended. We all know that people can't help or choose their recessive genetic background, and if blonde hair is the result of a high amount of inbreeding (witness the quintessential blonde-haired blue-eyed Ayrian Nazi), well we can't fault someone for that. We must respect them for their individual accomplishments (in spite of their inborn errors of metabolism) achieved in the face of much greater than average odds against normal intelligence.

Now, as for the non-blondes who knowingly choose to relabel themselves with this blazing symbol of genetic liability....well, one has to wonder.

;)

Ken,
How one chooses to mount one's bezel is purely a matter of individual taste. That being said, some people have terrible taste.

If by accident of ignorance or the misdeeds of a previous owner, someone has an upside down bezel, I would consider it imperative for myself and other enlightened folks to educate. If an individual chooses to turn it over on purpose, I guess it would be like flying your country's flag upside down, which is generally considered a sign of disapproval. In which case: buy a HEEP. The ONLY reasons I can think of that would make placing a later, square bezel on a classic Land Cruiser reasonable would be loss of the original with no alternative source of a bezel except a square one, or a severe restriction of funds. In either case I would expect the offender to correct the error at the earliest opportunity. As for someone who would trade it intentionally, with the correct alternative readily available, well, I guess Denis said it best.

Thanks Dave. I agree about the square Bezel. I assure you, if the license plate holes were not at the "top" of the bezel, I would have turned it over immediatly. I would not want to show a sign of disapproval towards my fellow cruisers. I bought my first FJ40 25 years ago and have been a cruiser lover ever since. Considering what over travesties I have seen on this board that have been done to cruisers, I consider my infraction to be a minor one. Can I stay and play on IH8MUD? Please Dave, Please?

It appears you've earned your wings here, Kent. Tho' I'll be suspicious if you don't find a fix in time. I still think you should fly your License plate upside down, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom