Bezel Color Madness! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok... Did my research and concluded that in the Toyota factory the original bezel color is a white that is lost to history.

Has anybody ever found the "Shell Ivory" T302 of the earlier 45's and 40's? If so where and what brand of paint did you use?

I've been to 2 suppliers so far and can't locate this color :mad:

I had some of the Cygnas White mixed up (this was for the 73 and up I believe) but it isn't close to the original white on the bezel ot the hard roof. If anybody wants 8oz of the Cygnas (sp) White pm me and it's yours.

So far:

PPG - No clue never heard of it.
Dupont - ditto
Sherman Williams - same there

T302 Shell Ivory.

This isi for a '68 FJ40. Those over on birfield are the cygnis white.

there is off white and a tan white.

Gee... Thanks LandPimp!

I had some of the Cygnus White mixed up and it kinda matches your NOS bezel and some of the lit you have posted but it is not the "white" of the pre 73's. I think I'm gonna pick out a paint that is close and go with it.

I wish I didn't blast every bit of old paint off the truck! I'm gonna look really good at the hard top and see if there is a spot left somewhere. I'm gonna drag it to my paint guy and have him match it.

Just gotta figure out how to carry it there. :confused:

If you look hard enough you'll find that several different colors for both the bezel and the top appear on presumably factory original 40 series vehicles in Toyota literature.

It may be that their admen were altering color schemes in order to present what they felt were more diversity to stir the imaginations of any potential buyer. Or it may be that Toyota used different colors in seperate parts of the world, again as a result of their market research.

Or not.

Ok... I'm assuming that the hardtop color is the bezel color. I found a nice shiney spot on the top that is original paint (where the weather stripping was).

I could not take the top to the painter so I went to Home Depot and pulled every white color paint card that was there. I found a very good match. Next trip is to the auto paint store to match it up.

THanks for all of your help as always.

What's the matching HD shade? I've got a 68 with non-stock paint. Info would be nice for next time around.

I got the chip at Lowes. It is American Tradition SR302 Light Khaki. The wife has the good color eye and picked it out. Matches pretty good I think.

This is a pic of the underside of the roof and the original color of the roof.

top_color.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom