Beware of Steve Eby / @aquatech3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Threads

Yes I did sell the truck today at a bit lower price than what you committed to pay me. During the last year I have had three solid offers that I could have excepted but turned them down because you said you were coming to pick up the truck so I did my part. The purpose of a deposit is a commitment from the buyer to guarantee the seller he is going to follow through with the deal and if the buyer does not the deposit is forfeit that’s how they work. You strung the deal along for 10 months which cost me a more profitable deal than what I sold the truck for today.
Since you decided to call me a thief on a public forum I have attached documents showing your commitment and your bail out.

View attachment 2418187

View attachment 2418188

My “bail out” released you to sell the truck to someone else (which you did), but doesn’t allow you to keep the deposit. There is no implied “liquidated damages” that would allow you to keep the deposit.
You only get to have it one way or the other, Steve.
Refund my deposit and I will retract or delete the post. Until you do, it stays up

Steve, I sent you $1000 on Feb 9. So your “year” is just not true.

then Covid happened, which i think we all know about. Then on March 31, I explained that I wasn’t going to complete the transaction.

just refund my deposit. Please.

Steve, I sent you $1000 on Feb 9. So your “year” is just not true.

then Covid happened, which i think we all know about. Then on March 31, I explained that I wasn’t going to complete the transaction.

just refund my deposit. Please.
If @aquatech3 had sold the truck while waiting on you to pick it up, I have a feeling you would be bad mouthing him here.
The deposit is a good faith effort to hold both parties to the deal. I think $1000 may be a hefty price to pay for a lesson learned in sticking to your part of the deal, but I wouldn't be calling a man a thief when he held up his end of the deal.

I have it on good word that Steve Eby @aquatech3 told the person who bought the truck (whom i do other business with) that he would refund my deposit.

Otherwise, there is some question about claim on title.

Of course, then Eby decided to just keep the money. Promissory estoppel is a possibility.

Not much I can do about it, without spending more on lawyers, but people should know before they do business with him.

Last edited:
You committed to buying the truck and sent him a deposit. He took the truck off of the market. You backed out of the deal. Unless you backed out for a cause, like the title was bad or he lied about the truck, then I think you deserve to lose your deposit.

Think about it from the seller side. You wasted his time.

He lied about returning the deposit to both me and the buyer.

Steve also didn’t take the truck off the market, as you state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom