Beware of Jake Schmillen aka WindRiverCruiser from Idaho and Jackson Hole, WY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know he's into Cruisers, he had a triple locked 80 for sale a couple of months ago and was looking for a Land Cruiser when he found my Patrol ad. I'm sure he's a member here but I don't know his username.
UPDATE: I've found out that his username here is WindRiverCruiser.

Do not do business with Jake (Jacob) Schmillen from Idaho or Jackson Hole, Wyoming! He is a total flake. He took advantage of my flexibility and generosity and screwed me in a significant business deal. He now has my prize Patrol Togo and I am short several thousand less than what it is worth because he got it under the promise that he was making a package deal that he has now reneged on after we had a written agreement. He deceived me into believing he was making a package deal for everything, taking Togo first at the reduced price of a package deal then bailed on the rest of the deal. He knows me and my reputation here, he knew that the Patrols and package were something he won't find anywhere else due to my integrity. He used my good intentioned benevolence as well as my physical disability against me.

Keep an eye out for sale updates. I will be selling my entire inventory, cars and parts. Obviously it will take some time to list everything and I have a vacation coming up so be patient. In the mean time if there is anything you've been dying to have, message me. I've got some uber rare stuff. NOS ring and pinion gear, NOS vacuum advances, etc. etc. etc.

Rest assured I will continue to remain active in the Patrol community and maintain the forum as always. That's something I can still do.

60Patrol • View topic - Blast notice! - https://www.60patrol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6131

Last edited:
Sorry to hear another kind person got taken advantage of. Do you have any info other than his name, state of idaho and Jackson? Appears to be a realtor named Jo Schmillen in Jackson and a gal named Christelle Schmillen in Sun Valley. Wonder if you could reach out to his relatives to let them know he scammed you?

wonder if this is him? I didn't click on the link.
1A51DC62-904C-4EF1-9014-7861F4B2FBAF.jpeg

He lives in Hailey, ID which is Sun Valley area and has at least one business in Jackson Hole, WY so he uses both as address and spends time in both. I do think this arrest record is his, from the little searching I've done. Christelle may be a relative but I don't think it would be prudent to get into doxxing him or his family. He's already threatened me with a lawyer because his teenage daughter saw the FB post I put up in the Patrol community.

@PAredneck Let Karma do the work it never sleeps and it will be way more than what you think his payback will be.

The saga continues. Karma has not caught up with him.

A couple of months ago I got a call from the guy, Jake (Jacob) Schmillen. He was all contrite and wanted to smooth things over. He had just discovered that as a result of the post I put on the Facebook and the one I put here they showed up when a Google search was done for his name. He wanted me to take the posts down. He begged and pleaded, said it was affecting his business and his reputation with his teenage daughters friends. I told him I would gladly take all of the posts down and even put up posts saying he had made good, all he had to do was pay me what the Patrol (Togo) was worth. I didn't even ask that he make good on the contract that he had breached for the package deal, just make good on the Patrol he scammed me out of. I even gave him a discount on the proposal, I only asked for $10,000 (he had already paid $20,000 towards the package deal). He said no.

So now I hear rumor that the Patrol has a new owner and has been seen frequently around Boise, ID. New owner said they bought it at an auction and they paid $40,000. So, a**hole Jake Schmillen scammed me on a contract package deal and turned around and doubled his money at my expense.

Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. :mad:🤬😤

279743486_5178440732204701_997587905898830940_n.jpg

I just had a duh moment. I just realized something. The reason he called me a couple of months ago wasn't because he was concerned about his teenage daughter being emotionally traumatized by the Google results or because it was affecting his business and I was taking food from his family's mouth - the excuses he used. It was actually because he was getting ready to sell the Patrol and he didn't want someone who might have been interested in buying it seeing those posts. What a frickin' tool this guy is. And a professional scammer, too. Now I'm even madder. :bang:

And those Patrols go for peanuts here in Aus. How many you want ?????????

If you have a written contract just take him to court. Ask for the $40k or at least to small claims court for whatever limit your state has, $5-10K.

I know he's into Cruisers, he had a triple locked 80 for sale a couple of months ago and was looking for a Land Cruiser when he found my Patrol ad. I'm sure he's a member here but I don't know his username.
UPDATE: I've found out that his username here is WindRiverCruiser.

60Patrol • View topic - Blast notice! - https://www.60patrol.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6131
Hi, I'm a longtime Sun Valley local and wanted to let you know this man was arrested today by Blaine County, ID police for '2nd in state DUI plus resisting and obstructing police officers' according to the local sheriff's website. If you want to take a look, just search 'Blaine County ID - recent arrests'. I thought I'd let you know as you say you've been taken advantage of by this person and hope this is of some help.

Hi, I'm a longtime Sun Valley local and wanted to let you know this man was arrested today by Blaine County, ID police for '2nd in state DUI plus resisting and obstructing police officers' according to the local sheriff's website. If you want to take a look, just search 'Blaine County ID - recent arrests'. I thought I'd let you know as you say you've been taken advantage of by this person and hope this is of some help.
Sounds like the Karmabus has stopped in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom