Beware of austousa PHIL NEWELL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi,not sure if anyone needs to get in contact with phillip or Indira newell for any reason,but ive been kindly given their business contact details in CA,they are as follows-1098 parkside ave,Lindsay CA 93247-phone contact-(360)686-8501 and (503)289-2671
Hey Spidermcglurk, I sent an email to spidermcglurk@yahoo.com last month but unfortunately never received a response.

@Spidermcglurk did you ever have any resolution ?
Hiya,nothing has happened in regards with this situation.I think because of covid,people have gone to ground and just been concentrating on surviving financially during this tough period….I decided that continuing this fight with this dodgy company was probably not worth the stress of thinking about it day in and day out.Someone else here in oz is mounting legal action and ive told him I will help in any way I can.I did hear a rumour that phil and co had started up another similar company with a new name,but its only a rumour,either way,if anyone is importing/exporting a vehicle between our countries,find out who is running the business,regards,kelly

Hi, I live in Washington state and personally know Lawrence Ryan and I've met Phil Newell as my girlfriend was renting a duplex from him. He recently kicked her out because he said he was selling the house. Regardless I know where to find both of them. If you need feet on the ground in terms of dealing with them, actual face to face contact representing you, I'd be willing to help.

I used to work for them, and they owe me quite a bit of money in back pay. Since they haven't responded to me, or paid me anything in over a year and looks like they are not going to, or attempt to pay me anything. I am now willing to talk about it without fear of potentially not getting paid.

If anyone has any questions, or wants any answers. If I can provide anything I will do my best to do so. I have access to a lot of emails prior to me working there, photos, and a lot of personal conversations between me and Lawrence Jerry Ryan, and Phil Newell. I haven't had many conversations with Indra Newell.

I have a lot of "inside" access to things. Not everything but I am willing to share personal experiences, photos, files, etc that I have access to within reason.

Also if anyone is interested in any trade like secrets, importing on what to do, best practices, etc. Phil prides his self on the trade secrets for importing newer vehicles, like Holden VE/VF Utes and how to do it legally. It's not that hard to do if you know where to look.

I know also know how Phil makes a lot of his money. So AMA?

One last bit, I recently had some medical issues that I made them aware of. Just needing around 5% or so of what they owed me to pay for medical treatments, and silence. I even offered to take less than half of what they owed me and I'd let it go completely. Silence. Let's see if they remain silent after this, shall we?

I used to work for them, and they owe me quite a bit of money in back pay. Since they haven't responded to me, or paid me anything in over a year and looks like they are not going to, or attempt to pay me anything. I am now willing to talk about it without fear of potentially not getting paid.

If anyone has any questions, or wants any answers. If I can provide anything I will do my best to do so. I have access to a lot of emails prior to me working there, photos, and a lot of personal conversations between me and Lawrence Jerry Ryan, and Phil Newell. I haven't had many conversations with Indra Newell.

I have a lot of "inside" access to things. Not everything but I am willing to share personal experiences, photos, files, etc that I have access to within reason.

Also if anyone is interested in any trade like secrets, importing on what to do, best practices, etc. Phil prides his self on the trade secrets for importing newer vehicles, like Holden VE/VF Utes and how to do it legally. It's not that hard to do if you know where to look.

I know also know how Phil makes a lot of his money. So AMA?

One last bit, I recently had some medical issues that I made them aware of. Just needing around 5% or so of what they owed me to pay for medical treatments, and silence. I even offered to take less than half of what they owed me and I'd let it go completely. Silence. Let's see if they remain silent after this, shall we?
Honestly this sounds like time to get a lawyer involved. Although they could be banking on the fact it will be a massive financial undertaking so you won't pursue that route.

Hi, I live in Washington state and personally know Lawrence Ryan and I've met Phil Newell as my girlfriend was renting a duplex from him. He recently kicked her out because he said he was selling the house. Regardless I know where to find both of them. If you need feet on the ground in terms of dealing with them, actual face to face contact representing you, I'd be willing to help.

If anyone wants I can go back and reply to everything in this thread that I can add to. For instance. The idea that Lawrence Ryan, or LR as he prefers is Phil's boss, is laughable. Phil and only Phil pulled the strings. You should hear how Phil and Indra talked to Lawrence. Might actually make you feel sorry for him. I mean, it's brutal at times.

As for Phil selling that property? I doubt it? He may move ownership to one of his kids, or someone else but still get profits from it, but I doubt he sells that one, among the at least 3 other properties I am aware of. If he does sell, he will buy more in the area or somewhere else. The rental income is his or one of his primary sources of income. Lawrence lives pretty much rent free in one of his properties. Another source of income for Phil is he drives around the country and moves motorcycles and other things around. Last I heard he was in the US, but may have managed to get back to AUS? I have no clue on that. But while here in the US he primarily drove around in a truck and trailer with living quarters. The last trailer he bought he didn't want me telling Lawrence he got it.

In a conversation with Phil and folding up the East coast side of things, he offered to "loan" me 10k or so that I had to pay back with interest, in order to get a truck and trailer sort of like what he and Indra does. Mind you, that's less than he owes me, and he wanted to loan it to me... Safe to say I didn't take it that well, but looking back I should have taken it and just not paid it back.

Honestly this sounds like time to get a lawyer involved. Although they could be banking on the fact it will be a massive financial undertaking so you won't pursue that route.
I am low income, and don't have a lot of time to deal with that. If I had time, and thought something could actually come out of it, I would have done it by now. So if anyone else already has pending legal issues against them, I can provide information to help them. Or tag onto it?

I am low income, and don't have a lot of time to deal with that. If I had time, and thought something could actually come out of it, I would have done it by now. So if anyone else already has pending legal issues against them, I can provide information to help them. Or tag onto it?
Fair enough, that is one of the unfortunate aspects of the legal system, and likely why they know they can get away without paying you.

Fair enough, that is one of the unfortunate aspects of the legal system, and likely why they know they can get away without paying you.
Maybe after I cost them enough money, they might relent and start paying. That or I will keep the pressure on as long as I am alive and they will be in my position before it's all over with.

Hiya,nothing has happened in regards with this situation.I think because of covid,people have gone to ground and just been concentrating on surviving financially during this tough period….I decided that continuing this fight with this dodgy company was probably not worth the stress of thinking about it day in and day out.Someone else here in oz is mounting legal action and ive told him I will help in any way I can.I did hear a rumour that phil and co had started up another similar company with a new name,but its only a rumour,either way,if anyone is importing/exporting a vehicle between our countries,find out who is running the business,regards,kelly

Phil makes money through transporting motorcycles and other odds and ends, during the pandemic his average revenue was about 10k a month just through that. How much of that was profit I have no clue, I can guess but it would just be a guess. He also has multiple rental properties in the US, not sure about AUS.

Just saying he did fairly well during the early and middle parts of the pandemic so I am positive he did well near the end as well. They eat out almost every night and spend 30-70 on food, that I am aware of.

As for the rumor of another company, if you say what it's regarding I can tell you if that's something he would do or not. If it relates to import/export He's fairly well tapped out and burned a lot of bridges. If he has any hand at all in import/export it's through convincing someone else to be the face of it, much like how he has done with Lawrence.

I will leave it with this, if you do any business with them that normally you would do net30 or like terms with, don't with them. Always get the money upfront.

One last bit on Lawrence. Last conversations I had with him, he said his wife Gale was leaving him, he was tapped out and he was going to talk with someone to basically put all the bills into a pile and setup payments? Or something like that.

Well here is his exact message verbatim.

"As soon as I get some money coming in I plan to hire a receiver to go through all the debts and arrange payment plans. Like I said before, Im broke I sold or borrowed against everything I own, I maxed out my credit cards just to get the containers shipped and get you some money. I expected to see some money back out of those containers. Not end up owing money on them because of asbestos, quarantine & customs. I also have garnishments on my accounts as well. And to top it all off I haven't spoken to phil in months & I'm going through a divorce"

The "Not end up owing money on them because of asbestos, quarantine & customs." part is probably a back handed statement against me blaming me for them, as I loaded the containers. The part he seems to forget is that he micromanaged everything and had to redo everything and spend 4x as long to do it, without pay. While also trying to get the business closed own and my things out of the warehouse before they changed the locks. I told them that the cars would not pass quarantine. I spent more time on it than they usually allow or want you to spend which is 3 hours per car. One car, the ghostbusters Cadillac I spent about 8 hours on trying to clean it. There is no way in hell that would have passed if I spent 90 hours on it. It got down to the wire and they want you to remove the brakes, but the wheels where pretty much welded on due to rust and I just couldn't get them off in time. Then the falcon 500 at the last minute wanted me to remove the hood, doors, fenders, etc due to him thinking that would make it pass inspection better? That car had a chance to pass quarantine but I doubted it.

"And to top it all off I haven't spoken to phil in months"

I highly doubt that, it's possible but I am positive they have each others contact information. I mainly doubt it because Phil told me himself that Lawrence collects rent from his properties, and well "stole" some of it or didn't get it back to Phil? I needed 300 for supplies and things like food, and Phil was like ask LR he's got all my rent money. Paraphrasing of course.

Oh and how Lawrence makes his money is truck driving. He had to recently last April or so go back to trucking school due to his weight. He used to transport vehicles with a 2 car hauler.

I also believe that if he really got divorced from Gale, he'd be forced to go back to Australia because he's not a citizen. He tried to get his citizenship a while back but from everything I know, that didn't go through.

Phil makes money through transporting motorcycles and other odds and ends, during the pandemic his average revenue was about 10k a month just through that. How much of that was profit I have no clue, I can guess but it would just be a guess. He also has multiple rental properties in the US, not sure about AUS.

Just saying he did fairly well during the early and middle parts of the pandemic so I am positive he did well near the end as well. They eat out almost every night and spend 30-70 on food, that I am aware of.

As for the rumor of another company, if you say what it's regarding I can tell you if that's something he would do or not. If it relates to import/export He's fairly well tapped out and burned a lot of bridges. If he has any hand at all in import/export it's through convincing someone else to be the face of it, much like how he has done with Lawrence.

I will leave it with this, if you do any business with them that normally you would do net30 or like terms with, don't with them. Always get the money upfront.

One last bit on Lawrence. Last conversations I had with him, he said his wife Gale was leaving him, he was tapped out and he was going to talk with someone to basically put all the bills into a pile and setup payments? Or something like that.

Well here is his exact message verbatim.

"As soon as I get some money coming in I plan to hire a receiver to go through all the debts and arrange payment plans. Like I said before, Im broke I sold or borrowed against everything I own, I maxed out my credit cards just to get the containers shipped and get you some money. I expected to see some money back out of those containers. Not end up owing money on them because of asbestos, quarantine & customs. I also have garnishments on my accounts as well. And to top it all off I haven't spoken to phil in months & I'm going through a divorce"

The "Not end up owing money on them because of asbestos, quarantine & customs." part is probably a back handed statement against me blaming me for them, as I loaded the containers. The part he seems to forget is that he micromanaged everything and had to redo everything and spend 4x as long to do it, without pay. While also trying to get the business closed own and my things out of the warehouse before they changed the locks. I told them that the cars would not pass quarantine. I spent more time on it than they usually allow or want you to spend which is 3 hours per car. One car, the ghostbusters Cadillac I spent about 8 hours on trying to clean it. There is no way in hell that would have passed if I spent 90 hours on it. It got down to the wire and they want you to remove the brakes, but the wheels where pretty much welded on due to rust and I just couldn't get them off in time. Then the falcon 500 at the last minute wanted me to remove the hood, doors, fenders, etc due to him thinking that would make it pass inspection better? That car had a chance to pass quarantine but I doubted it.

"And to top it all off I haven't spoken to phil in months"

I highly doubt that, it's possible but I am positive they have each others contact information. I mainly doubt it because Phil told me himself that Lawrence collects rent from his properties, and well "stole" some of it or didn't get it back to Phil? I needed 300 for supplies and things like food, and Phil was like ask LR he's got all my rent money. Paraphrasing of course.

Oh and how Lawrence makes his money is truck driving. He had to recently last April or so go back to trucking school due to his weight. He used to transport vehicles with a 2 car hauler.

I also believe that if he really got divorced from Gale, he'd be forced to go back to Australia because he's not a citizen. He tried to get his citizenship a while back but from everything I know, that didn't go through.

They probably were at some point? Here is a text, or partial text I received from Lawrence on 08-31-2020

In response to something I said, beating around the bush a bit about back pay starting, he said this.

"Depending on if we make any money out of the containers you just packed & as soon as I can get a job.
Im not sure when Phil will be able to help as I don't think they are making as much money as they were expecting due to this covid bull****
Im trying to get taxes done as well in the hope I get something back
I literally spent every cent I have & now I have that prick kevin from Cheetah still trying to steal that container"

Like I said above, Phil was doing very well with money and I am damn near sure Lawrence had enough money to at least pay me something.

Another exchange I had with Lawrence. I edited some parts out with ---'s, but it should give you an idea.

Same day and a few messages later I sent him this message.

"I am doing the best I can here. I have basically worked for free for a year. A very limited budget running up credit debt to get by. I have sold a few things over the past few months for as much as I could. Without knowing when this would all end, like selling an FJ40 axle for $100 when it's worth at least 250. Better to get 100 now than 0 later. I am doing my best not to give anything away, I have had a lot of offers to just come and take it for free but if I am going to put time and effort into it I need at least something out of it. All of that has been taken out of the --- or so total. I think I have been way way more than patient on this. I don't think I am asking anything out of line. I just need to have some kind of assurances, so I will not be homeless in a month or two from now."

And his response...

"------ I hear you, i have an extremely large amount of people chasing me for money I have cassie freight who has screwed me, im sure they are behind Cheetah trying to steal tat container so that will probably end up a fight to get paid & everyone wants money but they all want me out of business They either get one or the other but they don't seem to get that I can't make promises that I'm not sure if I can keep but I will try ---- & get on the road & away from all the bull**** Im dealing with & be able to start paying some debts"

And this one right after.

"I understand mate & I appreciate it I just can't guarantee anything until i get the invoices from montana but you are a priority Hopefully I can get you something this week Personally Id be happy to get on the road & never come home but thats me"

He clearly said I am a priority... yet I haven't seen a dime from them in over a year.

Anyway sorry some of it is off topic on what you said, but as you can see Cheeta is no friend to LR right now, and I doubt Montana is either.

They are liars and thieves, I believe nothing they say, cost me thousands like others. That fat oaf is as bad as the other pair. Hope they get what they deserve, if you think they have the slightest sympathy for yourself you are greatly misguided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom