Beware: DAVID ELSLER is scammer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tries to sell people stuff off the Wanted ads, is not a member, lists his fake address and wants MoneyGram payment.

I can confirm this. $130 for a roof rack and got nothing...

He/they browse all the wanted listing looking for posted email addresses then your money disappears

These seem to counterdict each other.

How does money just disappear from a email address listed...?

If you follow through with the transaction he will get the money, you will get nothing.
I didn't pay him though.

? Comprendo ?

So he emails people who put their email address in a for sale ad and says he's the seller?

I am assuming he trolls the want ads for people looking to buy items and initiates contact with them outside of the forum with false promises and simply takes their money via wire.

Yeah he emails you saying he has the part and has you moneygram him the money to somebody other than himself. The person you send the money to doesn't know what is going on and gets a cut. Then they send the money to someone else. I'm not for sure how many times it changes hands, but I sent my moneygram to an old lady who he said was his wife. I got a hold of her and she was clueless to what was going on. Yeah he trolls these classifieds looking for emails. So don't post your email and don't moneygram anything ever!

Who the hell uses MoneyGram to pay for parts on Mud? That's a huge red flag.

We have another one:

gcook
Is the member and he's emailing from an email address of:

Frank Sky <fsk7808@hotmail.com>

Classic response. He doesn't have pictures but wants to sell me a roof rack, bumpers, and sliders for $600 shipped. Just send him MoneyGram or Western Union and we are good to go. lol

As an IT professional I think the moderators should shutdown his IP address. Every member is signing up from a specific IP address unless he's using a VPN service. It would be easy to do if membership is checked via IP address. I know this thread is old but thought I would share just to make sure his email address and member name is out here and searchable!

A few days ago I got a message from this gcook stating that he knew a Frank Sky and I should contact him regarding a roll bar I was looking for.
Well whenever something seems to good to be true it usually is.
His email to me said that for $600 usd he could send me an unused roll bar all the way to New Zealand. The wording of the email was identical to above including payment instructions.
This member is still around and trying to set us up.
SO BE AWARE!!!

Do a reverse image search on google for any photo you are sent. A common practice is to find a photo on line of what you want and then act as though they own it (and want to be paid by Moneygram, which Walmart will tell you not to use unless you trust the receiver 100%.). It happened to me and I found the exact same photos and offer posted by a MUD member 3 years earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom