Dealer Beware: 2014 near Charlotte, NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked out this 2014 in Clover, SC - just southwest of Charlotte, NC - as I'm in the market for a 2013+.

Autotrader - page unavailable
IMG_5460.PNG

This is a one owner vehicle, but it has been rode hard and put up wet. I started following the listing over twenty days ago when it was originally posted by the same dealer. They listed it for $34,9k and then promptly added $5k to the price a few hours later.

---

Exterior:

The dealer has replaced the rear taillamp on the driver's side (it was cracked) and the scrape on the front bumper (right side) has been repaired. Maybe it was a complete replacement, or respray, not sure. They haven't updated their photos since conducting the bumper repair.

There are some 1" long deep scratches in the clear coat on the passenger front and rear doors. The paint around the gas door is heavy chipped, maybe from rings? There are also some heavy dents on the inside of the door jam on the rear driver's side door (near the warning decals).

Interior:

The interior is rough. Lots of carpet stains. There appear to be bleach stains in the carpet on the passenger side of the transmission hump. Faint paint splatter on some of the seats. Second row seats have some holes on the passenger side center section. The front passenger seat lower leather is torn from what appears to be a kid kicking it. The rear seat is peppered with pencil-sized holes on the back side that faces the cargo area.

---

Mechanics:

I didn't get this far as I walked after checking out the interior.

---

Other than that... it looks good lol. The salesman asked me if I had a number in my head and I told him I wouldn't trade my 2011 for it as a flat, even trade.

Beware of this one gents; I would recommend passing on it.

Hopefully this saves someone a little time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 1st-hand report, yonah. Saves me the trouble of driving down there to take a look!

Thanks for the 1st-hand report, yonah. Saves me the trouble of driving down there to take a look!

Yeah man, no problem. I wasted half my Saturday on this thing.

This morning I got a notification stating it was sold. Maybe they just pulled the ad, not sure.

I'm still kind of flabbergasted by this LC. I've never seen such a relatively new and expensive car in such poor shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom