Bestop Supertop Vendors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i think I have to compromise and get the Supertop for my FJ40. Its also still cold and wet around here and I am tired of putting a tarp on and off on a daily basis. It seems like the Supertop, being the only complete kit out there, is the only option in that price range to get the function I need. This isn't my first choice, but living in Seattle I need to do this sooner than later!

So I searched the forum and vendors and came up with not much. Wondering if anyone on the board is a seller of these tops (looking for new)?

Right now it seems $789 is about the going rate. I can do Amazon Prime at that price and have it in 2 business days no BS but have to pay sales tax. Also easy returns if there are any issues through Amazon. Any other recommendations for retailers?

Last edited:
Save up for the FST, its not a heep.

A cheaper route: Buy a Bestop bikini top ($66), channel ($20) and a Shelterlogic Enclosure ($90)...... :hillbilly:

To help save for the FST top Mr. JohnnyC mentioned.

(note: Not sure if that enclosure is a full kit or not....but this one is: Autoshelter @ $270)
Ok I guess I should have said I have a bikini top, though I cant install it (or any top) until I get my windshiled frame back from the painter.

I am tempted to get an autoshelter type deal for the driveway!

Save up for the FST, its not a heep.

Agreed! Maybe I will look at this option a little further before I give up an buy a S(t)upertop...

I have a bestop super top and you can get from ccot. I think for around the same price as amazon and I think they throw in a set of mirrors. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but ... the super top fits my needs . Mine came without a top at all and like you I needed something .. I actually like, it's easy on and off. The bows fold fulldown.. plus your investment is 1/3 of the price of what bow and a new top would cost.. don't get me wrong I love trollholes tops, but dropping 2300 for a top and bows little tough to swallow right now. I would recommend his trail top it's a ton better than the tarp and it fits spot on. That might fit your need now and then save up for a real top . Trust me the bestop is not for everyone...especially not the purist, but I already have a sbc350 so not much more I can mess up lol. Also if you do get a bestop and its in good shape when and if you get the fst you can sell it for a couple of hundred. Good luck either way.

I use a Bestop tiger top and have few complaints. Had it over 10 years with no issues other than it does rattle in the wind a bit. It works well for the 2 or 3 months a year it's on between hardtop and bikini top. I like the fact it folds up and down quickly for those sudden rainshowers here in the PNW. I'd much rather have a FST but am sure the bows would end up being destroyed by all the tight trails and trees around here. I'm not a purist either. It's your rig, do whatever works for you. Good luck!

I use a Bestop tiger top and have few complaints. Had it over 10 years with no issues other than it does rattle in the wind a bit. It works well for the 2 or 3 months a year it's on between hardtop and bikini top. I like the fact it folds up and down quickly for those sudden rainshowers here in the PNW. I'd much rather have a FST but am sure the bows would end up being destroyed by all the tight trails and trees around here. I'm not a purist either. It's your rig, do whatever works for you. Good luck!

Hmmmmm.........In lieu of installing my hard top this Winter, I may reinstall my Bestop Supertop. It is a 10 to 15 minute installation, and a 5 minute removal come Spring. Then a real quick Bikini install.

Thanks Kevin.

I'm with Cruiserkev , I have had my Best Top Supertop for over 14 years, I also live in the NW , the top has held up well and is very watertight
I pull it off in the Summer If you can call it that sometimes and run a Best top Bikini . I have the best top soft doors which I use the tops in some aluminum half doors I made . I also love the OEM top look , with the roll up sides which you cant do very well with the Best tops .
My rig is also 350 powered so not a purist either . Good luck on your selection

Picture 016.jpg

006.JPG

067.JPG

068.JPG

20160325_152906.jpg

I did add straps so I could roll up the window in the back and have it hold.. so I didn't have to zipper the full window out. Also added 550 paracord loops on every zipper for easy pulling

technically... with all the new jeeps out there these old bestop and kayline tops dont look as jeepish to most people... only cruiserheads know your trucks is sporting a jeepish top :meh:

i had a bestop for several years... but... it was a time when NOBODY was making fst bows... I looked for many years for one... Marv finally sold me a set from a 64' he had ... miss Marv

Yeah its a tough call - I don't have a hard top and the FST is the nicest/best looking soft top for these trucks. But 2000-3000 is a lot to spend right now and in the PNW you never know when its gonna get rainy or cold or both. I'll have to give this some thought over the weekend.

technically... with all the new jeeps out there these old bestop and kayline tops dont look as jeepish to most people... only cruiserheads know your trucks is sporting a jeepish top.
No matter what top you run, non cruiser people are going to say "nice Jeep" anyway so why not save a few bucks and try out a Bestop? :)

Last edited:
@rchandler

You have a 65' sold in 66'...

For those who don't know ... The louvers are the air intake for heater... Some markets had none but ... USA:

E - 65 there were no fresh air intake

65 Option (USA) and vent was bolt on with louvers on 45* angle

66-71 (USA standard) bolt on vent louvers straight

71-end louvers stamped on both sides

Pic #1) pre 65 no vent
Pic #2) 65 bolt-on vent 45*
Pic #3) 66-71 bolt-on vent straight louvers

Pic #4) a factory picture showing what looks to be the beginnings of louvered vents on the kick vent 63'

View attachment 969772

View attachment 969773

View attachment 969774

View attachment 969775

What color is the 40 in pic # 3 ?

I believe this is the closest match to my original color I have seen to date. I can't tell if it is original coronado beige, Cygnus white or even a non original respray.

@JohnnyC
Thanks for the education, guess I never really paid attention.... looked different because it was painted another color I guess

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom