Best Wiper Blades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a lot of research that took quite a while to complete, I’ve created a guide on the best wiper blades. Windshield wiper technology has vastly improved the quality and life of most wipers on the market, with some wipers possessing unique and proprietary traits that can drastically change the way you think about them.

These are the wiper blades that have been compared:

• Bosch 26A Icon
  • Rain-X Latitude
  • Rain-X Weatherbeater
  • Aero Premium
  • SilBlade FLX

I'm a SilBlade FLX fan. Have them on 4 vehicles and have for 2-3 years.

J

@reevesci J where do you find the individual 17" blades? I was looking on amazon and they either come in a kit with a separate larger blade or come as a single SilBlade Uniblade.

PIAA Silicon for me .. better than Rainex IMHO didn't have chance to test the other ones ..

About 8 or 9 years ago I bought a Volkswagen which had the best wipers I'd ever used. Like two years later they were still working like new. When they eventually got some kind of oily crap on them I bought the same ones... Valeo.

When I got the 80 the Valeo "Ultimate" blades went on right away. Just yesterday I put on the third set (after four years) because bug splat fouled two spots that were leaving water behind. They were still fine before that though. Good blades.

Last edited:
Tried them all and now back to OEM Toyota for best bang for the buck. The spressoWAGON gets 3 new refills per year for less than $15. They just work. And they "look" right :D.

Silblades: Chattered & skipped; noisy and mostly ineffective. 5-year guarantee was worthless and never lived up to their hype.
Bosch Icon: Worked for 2-years; expensive.
Rain-X Latitude: They seem to work very, very well on the Subaru Outback but not so good even when new/new-ish on the 100. Also expensive.

I like Bosch myself. I took a set of rainx blades back the same day I purchased them, they would not stay on the windshield.

As silly as it sounds, I tend to use a cheaper blade and focus more on the washer solution. I use the Rain-X de-icer (orange bottle).

In western WA we have less bugs and less ice, but obviously lots of water/splash.

Our 2014 Prius still has the original blades and nearly 40k miles.

the good OEM inserts are the best, I think you can still get the Japanese versions if you have a good parts guy, the rubber is better.

Consumer Reports maybe 10 years ago did a wiper blade comparison, guess who came out on top.......Toyota

I hate anything that needs an adapter......I mean crap you get like 10 extra parts you gotta figure out how to put them together......and I cant read the back side of the box anymore unless I put 2 pair of reading glasses on ;)

I did replace OEM blades on my 45LPB with some ANCO's and they seem to stick to the glass much better, but we are talking about 50 year old wiper arms that are past their prime.

there are arms, there are blades and there are inserts from Toyota.....make sure you know what your asking for, normally you just need the inserts

I find the Rain X washer fluid leaves a funky film on my windows......back to the cheap stuff NAPA sells for $2.50. Wourth makes a good product you can add which helps with the road grime. I also use Spot X(its ground up oyster shells) and it take all the crap off the glass, use it with a white 3M pad.

and if your driving a 60 series....upgrade to the 4runner stuff its a HUGE improvement.

reading the above link.....I have the feeling we are making the OP money by clicking on the link......and honestly its has almost nothing to do with most of our Land Cruisers. Thee is no real data beside Amazon's ratings,

write something that talks about what blades or inserts are best for Land Cruisers......now that would be worth reading......oh wait.....I think I just wrote that.....

having lived in Western WA all my life(51 years)........where it rains ALOT(not really but we want the CA's to think so)

I use the Duralast Winter blades once the snow flies. They don't get ice build up easily like conventional blades. I live in Iowa and we get a fair amount of snow/sleet/freezing rain.

I've tried the Bosch Icons and wasn't impressed on my 80s. They work well on my Camry.

Toyota blades during the summer.

I use the Duralast Winter blades once the snow flies. They don't get ice build up easily like conventional blades. I live in Iowa and we get a fair amount of snow/sleet/freezing rain.

I've tried the Bosch Icons and wasn't impressed on my 80s. They work well on my Camry.

Toyota blades during the summer.

I ended up with Icons. Amazon warehouse deal for $9 a blade. Figured couldn't go wrong at that price. Happy so far, especially given monsoonal California weather lately.

Bosch. Tried them all. Best value for the buck. Seem to last longer but I change them as needed. Typically once a year or twice if the winter is bad.

You can use the gun oil Ballistol to clean the wiper blade and keep it from drying out. It will extend the life of the blade. Mike

Trico neoform. Ran them on every vehicle I've owned and while stationed in alaska. Works great. You can get them at Fred Meyer but Amazon is cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom