Best way to repair this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay so my rocker are pretty trashed and the cab corners have some rust through. I was going to get some 16 guage steel with a bend at the bottom similar to the factory.

Any on a a suggestion on the best place to cut? How far up. Should I go to where the floor meets or higher?
Left Rocker.JPG
Right Rocker.JPG

get the paint removed to the area and see how far the rust goes, or maybe how far the bondo goes. then take some pictures/ deside

If theres no bondo on those, those will clean up nice. Just some hammer dolley on the wrarped bits, and they will be good. I would get the paint off of them tho to take a good look.

A wire wheel will make quick work of it.

Nope no bondo in them. Eventually going to strip the paint. You can't really see it all that well but the side are boat sided.

Figured the only way to correct them would be to replace them. I could give it a try with the hammer and dolly.

I also suggest stripping the paint, finding out how far the rust goes, and then giving it a wack :grinpimp: with a hammer and dolly. You can probably do a good bit of good there, and then just burn in some small patches for the rust. Those rockers don't look all that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom