Best Tuffy Price/Vendor?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife was kind enough recently to ask what I wanted for my 40 for Christmas. A Tuffy console has been high on my list for quite a while. I have searched the usual LC vendors. Some have not yet responded to emails and answering machine messages recently left requesting additional details or pricing. I wanted to search here on MUD, but the search icon is mysteriously absent!

Who has recently purchased a Tuffy console?

Specifically, I want an 8 inch wide with stereo compartment and cup holders for my '77 40. Planning on installing Celica or other seats that will allow for the 8in version instead of the recommended 6.5in version. CCOT's console is 8in and made for stock seats right? Will an 8in Tuffy fit between stock seats?

Who has the best price? Anyone having a Christmas sale?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Lash

check these guys out, i have had good luck dealing with them. www.4x4connection.com great customer service. good luck!

When I searched around for mine the only difference in price I could find was the shipping cost to get it to me. Maybe Tuffy requires that people selling their stuff only offer it at an established price??? No idea. I forget who I bought mine from but I remember doing so because they threw in another cup holder thingy for the back. You might catch someone offering free freight or whatever. If not I would buy it from one of the vendors that support TLCA or this forum. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Woh, OK, folks recommended them when I was shopping for one. Guess I'm glad I bought from $OR.

Wow! That sucks about Liquid Off Road. Their website made it look like they probably had the best price.

Back on track.... Where has everyone ordered from????

Has anyone heard of any Christmas sales?

I'm buying a Tuffy within the next 3-4 weeks and I need a good deal!

Thanks

SOR has their 10% off the week of Dec 5th

Nocents

Got mine from www.4wheelparts.com on one of their specials. No one else I could find even got close.

You will have to "rig" the 8" one because the mounting bracket is made for the 6" but it is just a matter of drilling two holes. I am glad I got the 8" one, that is for sure.

Best Tuffy Price/Vendor

I got my Tuffy stereo console from Liquid Offroad. I then got the FJ-40 mounting hardware from Spector. Bolted right in no problem.

Mike El Paso TLCA 8009

When mounting a Tuffy console, is it necessary to remove the heater hoses going to the rear heater and then re-attach them? Sounds like a PIA.

nocents said:
I will save you some time DONT BUY FROM LIQUID OFF ROAD !
Robert is ripping everyone off. He will not answer phone call or E-mails.

Nocents

I'll say it too... Don't order from Liquid Off Road.
They have no problem taking your money it's the shipping your parts and answering e-mails that they can't seem to do.

Kevin

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom