Best Toyota Replacement Seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
What Toyota model seat (other than another 40's) are the easiest and best fit into a 40? I've heard Camry seats, but don't know how hard bracketry is to make. Are there any that are quite an easy fit?

If you have a bucket seat 40 originally, celica, corolla etc are all easily adapted. Never used Camry..

I had prelude seats for a long long time, and they were fine. Not too hard to mount up. I just bought seats since I am getting a new cage made. PRP's though. I was flopping between Corbeau and the heated thermal Betst Top seats for a long time though.

good luck-
Dustin

Any news when your rig is going to be done Dustin? Eager to see the new cage and seats :grinpimp:

I hope next week some time. I cant wait to see it too!

Theres an overwhelming selection of seats out there to choose from. Especially if you get them from a wrecking yard. If you do, be absolutely sure to grab the seat rails too. If youre going to buy new seats, I highly reccommend you actually sit in one before you buy them. I went to a local place that sells the Corbeaus, and played musical chairs for about 2 hours if you can believe it. The one I thought I wanted just didnt feel comfortable at all. Then it ended up that the fabric it came it just wasnt a good choice for a Cruiser, so I bailed on them all together. I suggest you also dont go with a super firm seat. Cruisers arent sports cars, and a nice cushy seat (doesnt have to be a tracter trailor seat) is nice to have. Also, big bolsters on the seat are a pain after a while, and will become a wear point on the seat from sliding into them.

hth-
Dustin

3fj40 said:
What Toyota model seat (other than another 40's) are the easiest and best fit into a 40? I've heard Camry seats, but don't know how hard bracketry is to make. Are there any that are quite an easy fit?

Will depend a lot on what year vehicle you are working on....

Pt cruiser seats -They have a fold down armrest in the middle and are small and comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom