Best towing platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
I currently have an 01 LX that serves me well for everything except hauling my trailer, which gets maxed out above 7000lbs occasionally. Once the 01 gets me from FL to OR, it may be time to upgrade to a 200 series.

I do enjoy the comfy ride of AHC, I must confess. I also do enjoy ventilated seats, and I abhor the current LX570 infotainment system with the silly mouse. That's one technology I wish Mr. T could have let die with the LFA.

While looking at towing capacity specs, I noticed that various flavors and years of tow capacity range from 7000lbs to 8500lbs across the LC/LX range and model years. What drives the differences, and which is the most robust towing platform with regards to capacity and mpg?

I currently have an 01 LX that serves me well for everything except hauling my trailer, which gets maxed out above 7000lbs occasionally. Once the 01 gets me from FL to OR, it may be time to upgrade to a 200 series.

I do enjoy the comfy ride of AHC, I must confess. I also do enjoy ventilated seats, and I abhor the current LX570 infotainment system with the silly mouse. That's one technology I wish Mr. T could have let die with the LFA.

While looking at towing capacity specs, I noticed that various flavors and years of tow capacity range from 7000lbs to 8500lbs across the LC/LX range and model years. What drives the differences, and which is the most robust towing platform with regards to capacity and mpg?
Can’t really answer your question but I’ll bump your post to those that can. I have a 2016 LC with Coil Rite airbags in the rear, and it’s a great towing vehicle in spite of the short wheelbase.
I love the truck, but infotainment and MPG are lousy in all 200’s.

Technically the LC has a higher tie capacity (mostly due to the fact it is a few hundred pounds lighter). There are many tow threads on here if you search. I tow a ORV 22 BHS, ~6800 lbs 5k-10k miles a summer all over Alaska with a ‘13 LX. I think the LX with AHC is a much better tow vehicle, the ability to level, lower, and raise is a luxury. I take it very easy when towing and get at best ~9 mpg, which is pretty standard regardless of year and LX/LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom