Best tire size for FJ80 stock wheels on a 2” OME lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMO 285/75/16 would be sufficient for your needs. Get some time under your belt and when you are ready go to 35s.

If 35s ONLY fit if you don't flex it out then THEY DON'T FIT! IMO...

285's on Dobbies

IMG_7764.JPG

I'm going to buck the trend. For a rig that isn't used primarily for offroad / trail use, 35's (315s) hurt driveablity unless you do gears. People put them on because they like the look, but unless look is more important to you than how it drives, I'd be checking out 33's and smaller. And with a smaller lift like you put on, 33's or smaller should be perfect. I personally like the skinnier tires like a 255/85R16 rather than the wider 285/75R16, but that is a less common size. Both are roughly 33" tires. Don't rule out 32" tires either. JMHO.
You have to be realistic on here, most ppl buying 80s recently and lifting with big tires aren't looking to do rock crawling, let alone driving on subaru trails...

FJ80 noob back with another question. I’m about to have 30mm spring spacers installed in the front on my 97 FJ80 and I’m trying to figure out which of these two parts below I need to use. They both fit the FJ80 and they may both work, but I think I need to use the spring spacers, not the spring isolaters. Is that right? Does it matter? Are they the same? Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
44B25409-3A8E-4C20-8682-9863230601F8.png

Last edited:
I know not your question, but I prefer the metal ones. This is what I used.

I found this site to be very good at comparing tire sizes, both the specs and a visual comparison.
275/70-R16 vs 305/75-R16 Tire Comparison - Tire Size Calculator | Tacoma World

Oh, I will be making the same decisions over the next few months. I am using a stock height OME springs and will probably stay with 285/75/16s. I'm over here in Southaven and work at Southwind. Perhaps, after this Covid thing is past, we can meetup and talk 80s ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom