Best Tire and Lift Size Combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Perfect for the mall :p
Lol, nope, never sees a mall parking lot😉

0AFD7382-BA05-4302-8675-A0679337AB21.jpeg

34F86137-5AB8-41DB-AE2E-4D822F631903.jpeg

01E20185-747D-44A4-BE6A-421C6E8276E8.jpeg

52417F8E-5A52-4E37-AE3F-6407FA7CAC50.jpeg

8FE03B93-E3E1-4AD9-BD15-CCCE29E5EEE4.jpeg

Is there a marked performance difference going from 265’s to 285’s? I was going to make the change today, but I’m somewhat concerned about losing power. I ordered 285/75R16 KO’s.
Me too.
Getting mine mounted in an hour.
I'll try w/stock springs (no lift, obviously).
I REALLY thought long and hard about my intended use. I hunt alone (well, w/my dog) mostly in Montana, sometimes northern Nevada. I want to get in AND out of the places I want to hunt. But, without buddies, etc., I'll always take the easiest route. BLM/Forest Service trails; possible mud and/or snow challenging situations (3xlocked).
On a moose hunt last fall I had to be towed out driving my 200 series w/chains on all 4 wheels. I got high centered on deep drifted snow. It was humbling.

Is there a marked performance difference going from 265’s to 285’s? I was going to make the change today, but I’m somewhat concerned about losing power. I ordered 285/75R16 KO’s.
@blan09 did you end up making the switch from 265/75 to 285/75? I am at 275/70 now and was considering to going to one of these tire sizes on stock suspension. No lift.

Please don't let this be the start of a surge of tire threads. Please, please, please don't let Mud become that.

@blan09 - those looks great. Do the 285/75s seem like they have plenty of space for suspension movement with the extra 1.5" of height?

I was considering the 265/75s but didn't want to go skinnier compared to OEM.

I'm running 2.5 TJM linear springs, Icon Stage 1 shocks and 33" KO2 tires with no armor. I was one of the lucky few who have major driveline vibes with that setup. I'm now part time and quite happy with the setup. It rides very plush (very LX worthy) and is great on the trail. For the record, I ran for 3 years on soggy LX springs, OEM shocks and 30" street tires and I never had any issues going everywhere I asked it to go. If you stay stock, do buy new stock height springs to get that 1.5" of sagging height back. My 2.5" lift yielded about 4". Factor in your weight too ensuring the spring rate you need is available in the lift height you desire.

Tire size is easy. 33's because the spare fits in the stock location and you don't have to re-gear.
Lift is highly debatable, but up to three inches and you don't jack up the geometry too bad.
The caster is easy to adjust for, as is the rear panard with bolt on bits. Nothing custom made is required, i.e the parts are available through several vendors.
Don't need to worry about drive line vibs, or adjustable control arms it the rear.

I went the Delta VS Treat Yourself Kit route. Dave had everything kitted up and ready to go.
I supplied rear bump stop extensions (2"sqr tubing from Online Metals) and rear sway bar extensions (Manafre).

Mine is a DD that's used for camping and playing.
6qsSjMvl.jpg
What is that sweet bumper you have? Thanks

I see a lot of comments in here…
When bumper manufactures say it holds a 37”
It not for fun, that’s just minimum man size.

Spacers aka 2” lifts are mainly for Tacoma’s and lady cruisers.

K02’s come standard with an overland membership and your kids power wheels.

There’s a suspension thread for men and the man curious.

Happy muding, tread accordingly.

There’s also a “what’s the best 32” tyre for rock crawling thread” but that’s mainly for profiling purposes and the Yaris crowd.

I see a lot of comments in here…
When bumper manufactures say it holds a 37”
It not for fun, that’s just minimum man size.

Spacers aka 2” lifts are mainly for Tacoma’s and lady cruisers.

K02’s come standard with an overland membership and your kids power wheels.

There’s a suspension thread for men and the man curious.

Happy muding, tread accordingly.

There’s also a “what’s the best 32” tyre for rock crawling thread” but that’s mainly for profiling purposes and the Yaris crowd.

Tell us you're compensating without telling us you're compensating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom