*** Best Suspension for 80s Cruiser 2-3 lift *** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to get inf pro and cons on 2-3" suspension I will not been doing rock crawling but just adding front arb bumper with a winch, rear arb bumper, roof rack just some hitting some trails few times a year, in my research I found OME suspension and Dobinson suspension any suggestion on any of this, budget is $1000 for suspension thanks for the advice !!!!!!!!!!

OME is good, heard great thing about Dobinsons, I have Ironman lift with foam cell shocks and I really like it.

I strongly suggest going with the heavy rated spring if you plan on adding armour, as armour + weight of gear will warrant it. just my .02

Yea at $1000 you are looking at OME and.... uh... that's it? Or something else with budget shocks.

I’d contact @reevesci aka Jason aka Trail Tailor. He is the Tough Dog distributor here in the US. I have a 2” lift with TD 41mm foam Cell shocks. Love it.

I have the “light” springs in the back with a dual swingout rear bumper. It rides very nice. I would not go with a “heavy” shock just because of a rear bumper. A rear bumper adds about 150lbs is all.

OG, you'll get lots of opinions on what springs to use, maybe try driving a few trucks with different setups see what you feel about them.

i have had a 2" OME suspension kit and loved it. the only thing I would say you will need is the castor correction bushes for the front, it drove a lot nicer again once I got those. but at that price you absolutely can't go wrong

I have run OME and Dobinson. The progressive springs from Dobinson were much better I'm but I had a light rig.

I have OME, works fine / as advertised. Obvious limitations with wheeling (I'm on 35"), and I'm jonesing for a 4" lift... but the price is well beyond me at the moment.

I’d contact @reevesci aka Jason aka Trail Tailor. He is the Tough Dog distributor here in the US. I have a 2” lift with TD 41mm foam Cell shocks. Love it.

I have the “light” springs in the back with a dual swingout rear bumper. It rides very nice. I would not go with a “heavy” shock just because of a rear bumper. A rear bumper adds about 150lbs is all.
I second this. I just installed the ToughDog 3" lift on my rig with 41mm foam shocks up front and the 45mm adjustables on the back. I'm only a week in but the ride is phenomenal.
I have an arb and winch up front along with dual batteries and 4x4labs dual swing out with KISS storage drawers on the back. Give @reevesci a call and he will figure out what works best for you. Price is in your ball park.

My Nov 25th, 2017; 1:07pm PST mood is Dobinsons. That could change tomorrow AM. :lol:

GL!

At least there are a lot of good options out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom