Best source for ignition positive signal under the hood??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the middle of swapping out my engine-driven fan for a dual electric Flex-a-lite fan, and I'm trying to finish up the wiring. I'm utilizing a Flex-a-lite variable speed controller. Most of the wiring to it is already run, however, I'm having trouble finding a good source for a 12v positive signal when the ignition is on to let the controller know when the truck is on and running. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to tap into under the hood for that signal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An update... I'm sure there are other much closer places to pull this signal from, but I was probing around and trying to find someplace with no success. I ended up just running a wire through the firewall and connected to the positive wire on the lighter which worked perfectly. It was a little out of the way though.

rear wiper fuse

edit nvm you said under hood

I'm in the middle of swapping out my engine-driven fan for a dual electric Flex-a-lite fan, and I'm trying to finish up the wiring. I'm utilizing a Flex-a-lite variable speed controller. Most of the wiring to it is already run, however, I'm having trouble finding a good source for a 12v positive signal when the ignition is on to let the controller know when the truck is on and running. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to tap into under the hood for that signal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you provide photos of your install and how you mounted it? Also how you mounted the reservoir. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom