Best Sliders for LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very happy with the White Knuckle Off Road sliders. My 80 did not have front mud flaps so I got the full length with diamond plate on top.
I liked the sliders so much that I purchased another set for my 5th gen 4Runner. They are made very well.

I'm happy w/ I Bump It offroad sliders

I'm happy w/ I Bump It offroad sliders

I haven't seen/read/found much about Bump It Off Road. Can you share your experience with them? How have their sliders performed thus far?

Are there any lightweight sliders which do not function as steps for the 80 Series? I have the OPOR sliders from MT and I like them, stout as anything, but very heavy. I'd love to have something which protects the cats and the rockers, but does not function as a step. I'm thinking something that's just a tube running the length of the existing slider, but without the width of the traditional sliders. I'm familiar with the LC Phil option, but I want something more protective.
Is there such a product out there?

I haven't seen/read/found much about Bump It Off Road. Can you share your experience with them? How have their sliders performed thus far?
Ummmm they do what they are supposed to. Sliders slide on rocks. Bumper holds the winch. Not sure what you’re needing to know.

Ummmm they do what they are supposed to. Sliders slide on rocks. Bumper holds the winch. Not sure what you’re needing to know.

If I'm gonna invest in something I certainly want a quality item. Other manufacturers I've heard of which prompts my inquiry about Bump It Off Road.

For me at least the questions that come to mind are: Any fitment issues, cat protection or not....do they work as steps like they appear to be designed to do, how well do they tie into the OEM mud flaps and rear fender flares.... ? These are questions I have just off the top of my head. They look like a great option but as stated already there doesn't seem to be a lot of detail about them to not feel like you are gambling a little and hoping they will fit well, work as intended, and not look bad if wanting to keep the running board look.

If I'm gonna invest in something I certainly want a quality item. Other manufacturers I've heard of which prompts my inquiry about Bump It Off Road.
They are definitely a quality product.

For me at least the questions that come to mind are: Any fitment issues, cat protection or not....do they work as steps like they appear to be designed to do, how well do they tie into the OEM mud flaps and rear fender flares.... ? These are questions I have just off the top of my head. They look like a great option but as stated already there doesn't seem to be a lot of detail about them to not feel like you are gambling a little and hoping they will fit well, work as intended, and not look bad if wanting to keep the running board look.
fit great, yes they have cat protection. fit perfect. they can work as steps but the are tube sliders. not really steps. flaps are gone (tube sliders).
they have a step style slider as well. it's all on their website

tube sliders

I have the bump-it front tube bumper and it is really well built. Mike is a stand-up guy and all his products are made by him in his shop in Colorado. I'd highly recommend any of his products.

They are definitely a quality product.

fit great, yes they have cat protection. fit perfect. they can work as steps but the are tube sliders. not really steps. flaps are gone (tube sliders).
they have a step style slider as well. it's all on their website

tube sliders
Thanks for the info. I actually have only seen information on the step style slider and didn't know they made a tube slider. I would probably go with a step style slider for my family needs but it is good to hear the fitment is good and that their other products are quality.

If you can handle some minor fabrication there's not a better bang for the buck than the Trail Gear sliders. Just need to add a longer front leg to both sides (one of them bent to clear the cats) and you're good to go. I have had them on both of my 80s and have beet the absolute snot out of them over the years. Since the legs aren't pre-welded you can set the angle of the slider however you want it. I have mine angled up a bit but I've seen a few others that have put them flat.
IMG_3250 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Thanks for the info. I actually have only seen information on the step style slider and didn't know they made a tube slider. I would probably go with a step style slider for my family needs but it is good to hear the fitment is good and that their other products are quality.
I echo Cahill - the insight on this thread is excellent and exactly the feedback I was hoping for.

Thanks All

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom