Best rust prevention product on the market? (1 Viewer)

Which product

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Read a lot of the posting relating to rust prevention and get as many different opinions about this as there are people out there. Would especially like to hear from the people who have used multiple produces and get their feedback.

What product you all have had the best results for rust protection:

1. POR15
2. Zero Rust
3. Rust Bullett
4. Hammerite
5. Other

Take into consideration:

1. Cost
2. Amount of Prep work involved
3. Durability
4. UV/fade
5. Does it need to be painted or does it look good as it is
6. How easy can it be painted if desired

Thanks,

Brian

Without a doubt, hands down, no contest, clear and away winner is.....

A Museum.

Aren't 'ZeroRust' and 'Rust Bullet" converters of rust and not preventers of it? They change brown iron oxide into white iron oxide but don't prevent anything?

honk said:
Aren't 'ZeroRust' and 'Rust Bullet" converters of rust and not preventers of it? They change brown iron oxide into white iron oxide but don't prevent anything?

I don't know about rust bullet but zero rust is not a converter..
it is similar to eastwood rust encapsulator it forms an air & water thight seal to prevent new rust and the spreading of the existing one

I voted for Zero rust because the price is great , easy to apply no nasty isochaine with lilttle prep and it looks good
on top of that you can paint over it just like a primer and can be clear coated for a shiny scratch resistant finish
I won't know if it is good for a few years but I have a feeling is just as good as rust encapsulator which is better than POR
I think they are all good produtcs and they perform as advertised but at $14 a qt ZR is the winner

I used rust encapsulator for a while but then I discovered ZR.. I notice rust encapsulator is not on your poll ;)

I've had good results with POR-15 and Zero Rust, but the best method IMO is to blast the part and have it powder coated or maybe dipped then powder coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom